Iweb

Made my very first site in iweb, how do i send my website (index file ?)

I am not a Mac user, but I believe iWeb is primarily aimed at making webpages destined for .Mac.

However, I believe you can tell iWeb to ‘Publish to a folder’, you can then upload the resulting files from that folder to the DreamHost web-directory for your domain. You can use the DreamHost supplied web-based FTP client to transfer the files. To access this FTP client, go to Domains -> Manage Domains in the panel, then click the WebFTP link next to your domain.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

[quote]I am not a Mac user, but I believe iWeb is primarily aimed at making webpages destined for .Mac.

However, I believe you can tell iWeb to ‘Publish to a folder’, you can then upload the resulting files from that folder to the DreamHost web-directory for your domain. You can use the DreamHost supplied web-based FTP client to transfer the files. To access this FTP client, go to Domains -> Manage Domains in the panel, then click the WebFTP link next to your domain.

Mark[/quote]
Confirmed. That’s how you do it.

Peace,
Gene Steinberg
Co-Host, The Paracast
http://www.theparacast.com
[b]My DreamHost Promo Plan—Use the code: [color=#CC0000]ROCKS[b][/color]

Thanks, but still couldn’t get it to work since we can’t uplaod files bigger then 78125kb, so not to sure how to brake in little pieces my whole website folder that compressed is only 14.9mb.

I think you used high quality images and other contents. You should use jpg/jpeg,gif images. They’re best for reducing image size while having standard quality. If therefore your folder size is bigger than allowed size you can upload all your contents separately. If you’ve compressed whole folder then decompsesse your folder and make 2(or more) compressed files dividing your whole folder. Whatever application you use to create your pages it will use a specific folder choosed by you. So you should get all your files there on that folder.

Get [color=#CC0000]3 unique IP for life @ FUN3 or 6 domain for life @ FUN6 or $90 off @ FUN9[/color] promo code.sign up!

You could always upload via an FTP Client, such as CuteFTP.
I believe the WebFTP client that DreamHost provides is limited in regards to the maximum file size one is allowed to upload.

For the Mac there is a free one called cyberduck, however if you plan on using FTP alot it is worth buying Transmit.

You should be able to use the java upload feature of webftp to put up files lager than 7mb IIRC. Also, I’m not a frequent mac user, but I would not bother buying a program - just learn command line FTP. Bring up your terminal and use the program called sftp. Very easy to use once you get the hand of it, and completly free.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website

If you use firefox there is an ftp addon called fireftp that I find sufficient for ftp access

Get [color=#00CC00]$97 DISCOUNT[/color] with [color=#CC0000]DISCOMBO97[/color] >> More Codes