iWeb transfer thru Transmit

Hey folks,

I already designed and now maintain a website built in iWeb and I use Transmit to update via ftp. I did not set up the site but came on board later on and the ftp was set up for me.

I need to set up a new site for our local police department support foundation and update it the same way. I have designed the site in iWeb and want to use Transmit to transfer files.

I don’t know how to set up my domain for ftp transfer and get everything situated correctly to accomplish this. The customer set up free hosting with the 501©(3) and we received a domain name free.

The domain name is msclefoundation.org

I am a complete newbie when it comes to this setup procedure so any help you can give will be much appreciated.

It looks like msclefoundation.org isn’t fully-hosted here at DreamHost (it’s set to DNS-only). You guys will need to upgrade to fully-hosted on the Manage Domains page of the web panel in order to get FTP set up for that domain. Once that’s done, you’ll be sent FTP credentials for the user you create, which you can use to connect on Transmit and copy the files over.

This might also help if you need it :slight_smile: http://wiki.dreamhost.com/FTP