Issue with one-click install

apps

I added vapetales.com to my dreamhost account and did the wordpress one click install. I’m very not familiar with this stuff but I read instructions and followed them. I got the email saying to create a login etc… I follow the link and get: “The requested URL /wp-admin/install.php was not found on this server.”

The original website (the one it currently goes to) was created through stupid AT&T’s webhosting site and I’m trying to transfer it. Dreamhost had no problem creating the domain. I’m not sure what is wrong and how to fix it.

You’ve registered the domain, but have you set up the hosting?

The nameservers appear to be set correctly on your domain and as of now it appears that DNS propagation has spread over most of the world: http://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/vapetales.com

Try the link again, I suspect that when you clicked it the DNS just hadn’t reached your ISPs DNS.

Did that work for you? Because I am experiencing the same problem and I even waited for a while to ensure the DNS had fully reached my ISPs but still nothing.

What’s the domain you’re trying to reach?

I am experiencing the same problem. Error message receive:

404 - File or directory not found.The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Here is the issue: I am trying to move away from a client who had previously built and hosted my website. At least I can now build my own website and DreamHost provided access to host. I got this email to do a quick install to my domain, and now I’m seen this error.

I really want to start from scratch building my own site in my domain. How can I go about doing it? Thanks for your support

Without the domain name most of us can’t tell you much.

I suspect your waiting on DNS to propagate, but that’s only a guess.

Are you using the old domain name? has it been pointed to dreamhost? Or is this a brand new domain name?