Is This Possible?

apps

Hi all. :•)
Some time in July, I’ll be moving a fan site to my account here at DreamHost. I’m just fed up with CyberPixels’s incompetence, among other things. The site, jamesiha.net was made for the fans by the fans of James Iha. What I want to know is, is it possible to have Invision Board on dreamhosts’s servers? I know it’s possible to have MegaBook and GreyMatter on Dream Host, and I have someone who is willing to install MovableType on the site, but I need to know if I can get the message board on there. It’s not that I don’t like the default board for DreamHost, it’s that the users of the site and I are used to Invision Board and I know of someone who will transfer the data bases so people won’t have to come back and re-register a million times. Any ideas or suggestions? I’m open to anything. :•)

From the looks of their site, Invision Board is PHP and MySQL based, so I see absolutely no reason why there’d be a problem running it at dreamhost. I know people run several discussion board software packages other than DH’s default recommendation that are PHP/MySQL based, and that one should be no different.

I wish I had an ounce of confidence in me… I posted that before I’d tried to install it, and I wasn’t sure if I could.

But…

I DID IT!!! Go me!

Thanks to Makosuke, who replied, for not calling me a dumbass. :•) There are some nice people here… I think I’ll hang around.

[quote]Thanks to Makosuke, who replied, for not calling me a dumbass.
:?) There are some nice people here… I think I’ll hang around.

[/quote]

Please do - We’re always searching for new victims friends! ;>

Welcome to the forum!

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin