Is this legal?

I have some friends that might want hosting. Would it be legal for me to make them FTP accounts, SQL databases, and logins and charge them a small monthly fee for it? By the way, I have shared hosting.

-Justin

If you mean does DreamHost allow that (reselling), then the answer is YES. This is also one of the reasons I chose DreamHost more than 6 years ago.

Get [color=#CC0000]$50 Off[/color] with promo code “DAYDREAM” at DreamHost.com

does it matter if I have shared hosting though?

-Justin

I am talking about shared hosting accounts too. :slight_smile:

Get [color=#CC0000]$50 Off[/color] with promo code “DAYDREAM” at DreamHost.com

Alright thanks.

-Justin

I’m hosting two of my friends for free right now
and DH even has it in their, about us, I think it was that said, “and also for resellers” when they were talking about usability, I can’t exactly remeber but yes, they do allow it :slight_smile:

[quote]me to make them FTP accounts, SQL databases, and logins

[/quote]

I guess by “logins” you mean web panel logins, so your friend can manage his own domain without having access to others? If so, I too would like to know how to set this up. I can find no such reseller features on the web panel. Thanks.

get them to make an account then give them access to it in the:
billing -> account privlages

thats how I have mine going

Ah yes, but doesn;t this also give them access to e.g. your credit card details? Or has this been changed?

you don’t have to give them that
just give them access to the domain and mail or what ever else you want to give them, you don’t have to give them access to that stuff

[quote]you don’t have to give them that

[/quote]

Sure, but according to reports here I recall, the DH system gives them the credit card info regardless. Anyone know if this has been chnaged?