Is there any way to customize squirrelmail spam?

I’m very fond of Dreamhost – but I’m nostalgic for Open Webmail, the webmail interface my old provider had. Why? Because Open Webmail would allow me to create custom filters based on headers, and I could circumvent 99.9% of my spam with a couple of rules updates every week based on “spam trends.” Right now, for instance, there’s a spate of spam that I could easily block – probably sixteen to twenty messages per day – that get past the default squirrelmail filter and “spamassassin.”

Frankly, blacklisting addresses is totally useless.

Is there any way to add more options to squirrelmail or beef it up somehow? It’s not critical, but it would go a long way towards eliminating some recurring annoyances.

You can do something in mailboxes.yourdomain.com

Does it help?

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) with [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color] Save [color=#CC0000]$82[/color] get lifetime domain with [color=#CC0000]82CRAZY[/color] Sign Up NOW

Awesome! Thanks for pointing that out. I’d looked at it before but missed the filtering things at the bottom. I’ll give it a try (although I still miss the one-button “set filter” link on the Open Webmail interface).

Welcome. I’m glad to help a bit.

Actually I know where to set but don’t know what to set. I am new to those filtering things. I may ask you how to play filtering spam some day :wink:

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) with [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color] Save [color=#CC0000]$82[/color] get lifetime domain with [color=#CC0000]82CRAZY[/color] Sign Up NOW