Is there a size limit for FTP file transfer?

I’ve tried repeatedly to upload a 2.6GB file and I keep getting error messages after about 177MB. It’s a zip file.

I’m using Transmit by Panic on OS X 10.4.10.

I use Transmit, but I have it set to SFTP and have yet to hit any glitches. Just make sure your User has Shell access and then give SFTP a try. As a bonus, it’s encrypted, so your password and data aren’t sent in the clear.

-Scott

the apache limit is 2GB
split it

~Blebekblebek

That depends on whether you intend to unzip it on the server or whether you’re expecting people to download the entire zip file, right?

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

Transmit is a pure FTP program, so the Apache limitation isn’t an issue, except if someone wants to download that file.

Lensman’s post made me wonder something. Is the Quicktime Streaming Server using Apache at all? Curious to know if it has any size limitations.

-Scott

Well the QuickTime Streaming Server / Darwin Streaming Server aren’t Apache plugins but rather are standalone servers so they wouldn’t necessarily be limited by Apache’s 2GB limit.

OTOH, I think the “current” version of QuickTime may have trouble with the streaming of a single video file larger than 4GB.

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

Going SFTP in Transmit seems to be working. 1.7GB of the 2.6GB file have uploaded. Crossing my fingers.

I’ll let you know if it works.