Is it possible to change my domain name?

Hi, I just signed up with DreamHost last night and I registered the free domain with DreamHost. My question is: if it is possible to change my domain name? Thank you!

No… Dreamhost has already had to pay for the registration. You can register a new one (Use goDaddy if your going to have to pay for it). You can delink you domain from your account, so it wont count against your 3(or however many) hosted domains.

I suppose you could cancel that account, and sign up for another one. That might do what you wanted… But it’s certainly not th emost honest way.

-Jason

I40.com - Home Page
MP3Mystic - Personal Streaming Music server.
(No longer hosted with Dreamhost)

[quote]I suppose you could cancel that account, and sign up for another
one. That might do what you wanted… But it’s certainly not th
emost honest way.

[/quote]

I’m not sure it’s dishonest, but it’s not really beneficial.

We’d provide a refund as per our 97 day money back guarantee (assuming they signed up within that time), but we do not refund the $14.95 value of the registration. Even if they cancelled, they’d be out the exact same amount as if they just registered a new domain with us in the first place.

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin

ahh, the hasty domain choice… somethimes you’re just so excited to find something available your grab it and then wonder… what was that about!!! or worse, the typo domain… :slight_smile: