Is it just that time of month?

I’ve noticed a lot more complaints over the past couple of weeks on the forums than in the paste few months. Is there a larger scale change going on at DreamHost or some larger issue that is causing these little hiccups, or is it just that time of month?

I mean, I can totally understand if you’re going through a system overhaul or something logical like that. But…you know…if it’s Bethel the Custodian having PMS and deciding to do a pushbutton dance in the Vault…well, then I’m worried. :slight_smile:

A reassuring comment from a DreamHost rep would be welcome at this point, on behalf of this customer and oodles of others.

Ido
(WebID: idorosen. Donate!)

[quote]I’ve noticed a lot more complaints over the past couple of
weeks on the forums than in the paste few months. Is
there a larger scale change going on at DreamHost or
some larger issue that is causing these little hiccups, or is
it just that time of month?

[/quote]

I don’t think there are any large-scale scaling related problems or major changes on our end to blame, though we have been impacted more than usual the last week or so by some internal networking slowdowns (which may have manifested themselves in slower-than-usual email/webmail access times) and greater than usual incidents of virus-related complaints.

Because of this, we’ve been having a harder time than usual getting back to people as fast as we’d like. People are usually pretty forgiving about “hiccups”, but they’re less so if they don’t get a quick response from support. I imagine this is probably why you’ve seen a recent increase in the number of unhappy discussion forum postings.

I wouldn’t say that this is our “time of the month” in the sense that this is a monthly issue, though we do have periodic upswings and downswings. As these things go, problems have a tendency to occur around the same time and compound upon each-other. :>

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin