Is e-mail down still?

Hi there. I’m a new user and currenlt trying to configur my e-mail accts for my client and am having serious trouble. DNS is not resolving and when I use the IP address in the outlook settings, I can send a test message through Outlook 2003, but the account is still not working properly. I read in a previous post two days ago that the e-mail is down. Can anyone comment if this is true and if so, any work arounds? I am currently using a Comcast SMTP server to send outgoing mail but I can’t recieve. This is my first experience with dreamhost. I hope this is a short term issue. Thanks in advance for any help =]

My discussion lists are down and I haven’t received much in the way of email overnight so I suspect that mail is still down at the moment - 5:42am.

rats…this is a bummer huh? Firts time using Dreamhost too. sigh…

Things seem to be working again. I just received a list moderation message and there were messages in the queue. You might want to try your mail configurations again.

Ok, I spoke too soon. Can anyone tell me what this means?

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550 Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table

Awww…you had me fooled =] LOL That’s too bad. I have to leave this site now…with no working e-mail. sigh. I’ll be back later to check for updates. Thanks again for you help and replies. Regarding your recipient failed permanently message, I dunno. Probably just related to whole issue. Good luck and I’ll be in touch later.