Is anyone still having problems?

I know we all went through issues the last week, but I still am having loading problems on my site as well as other problems. My site 614design.com loads very slowly or loads everything except the flash files (which are just small slideshows). Also when I try to use webmail it just freezes and then goes to a page that says imap connection dropped. I use macmail as my mail client and it logs me out and ask for my password every 5-10 minutes or so. I asked DH to run a test and they said everything seemd to be OK. My site is just an online portfolio, but I get alot of hits from online advertising, and if my site is dead I lose potential money, which I am sure alot of you do too. Any ideas or similar problems? Thanks.
Update: I tried to edit this message to get it more clear of what was going on and it took me 10 attempts…forum issues too?

My site has been totally useless today. Dreamhost is not responding to my support requests.

It’s been 9 straight days that I’ve had degraded or no performance on my site and it’s driving me insane!

Things seem to have returned to almost normal for me. My sites are loading fine (‘Bixel’ server) and email is working (I use POP3).

However, the panel still seems very slow at times and the constant ‘Internal Server Errors’ on this forum are driving me insane!

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Yeah, my sites are slower than a very slow thing that’s taking a break. Slow web, slower than normal uploads, even using the command line seems a lot slower than normal.

And the first time I tried to preview that, I got a generic 500 server error…

Les Bessant
Losing it[1]

My sites seem to be working fine, but I’m still having trouble setting up new email accounts, which I desperately need. A note went out saying all was fine with email again, but I’m tearing my hair out.

Support tickets have been fluctuating between 970-1000 since last night, so I guess lots of other people are having trouble and no significant advancements on catching up with the tickets. Everytime I’ve had one “solved” by Dreamhost or removed one from the list myself, I’ve added another one right back in within minutes.

Also, everytime I try to post here I get internal server errors, so that is maddening, too.

All my sites where down again today so I filled a network problem report. After about an hour they were back up but they only stayed up for about half an hour and now they are down again.

Dreamhost is killing my sites the last ten days.

Me too - what machine are you on? My sites on are ‘happy’

Yes - apart from continual ‘Internal Server Errors’ since I first registered with this Forum today!

I have contacted Support because I can (albeit intermittently) see both my Dreambooks
http://books.dreambook.com/westier/rehoming.html and http://books.dreambook.com/westier/rehoming2.html
but my Control Panel “My Book” page tells me “You currently do not have any guestbooks”. This is rubbish of course, but it does mean that, without the links to take me into my Books, I cannot edit them at all!

No reply from Support whatsoever.

No not on “happy”, it seems to be a general problem, even dreamhoststatus.com is now down.

Is there an alternative to squirrel mail to check your email from another computer than your own? By the way my site and email have gotten steadily worse since my original post.

My website www.fotogink.com has been down almost for a week as well ( given sparse log ins) and I cannot load any pictures to my galleries due to it.
Unfortunatley my web guy left, and I have very little idea of what to do…when it goes down. It’s taking forever to refresh, log in, or let others browse ,and yeah - it’s hurting my income big time. Does anyone know WHY it’s so slow ?

www.fotogink.com
Fotog Ink Rock Photography

I’m finding FTP to be very slow. That’s the only problem I’ve had throughout the recent trouble.

Save $97 on all yearly plans with the promo code [color=#CC0000]DREAMZAP[/color]

Still having some slow access times for my sites, but at least e-mail has stayed up all day.

Law can be practiced in a wetsuit.

I can check my email 1 out of 10 times I try…you should feel priveleged.

IMHO, the worst thing is that Dreamhost has removed the “Contact Technical Support” option from the “Support” tab. One used to be able to fill out a detailed form to report a problem, and get a trouble ticket number, and get an email response. I guess that they are too busy to keep up with this with all their recent problems.

I guess for general questions you email them through the contact us area. and maybe they feel we should be using the “is there a system wide problem area” which, doesn’t always work.!!

They definitely need a way for us to contact them…

After looking at the support area again, I noticed…
Do not use this form for problems likely only affecting you! Use this one.

which takes you to the area where the contact support form used to be. maybe it’s broken too.

This just is not true, and I’ve no idea what you are referring to with that statement. I don’t know what “support” tab you are tallking about. The “Support” link in the top menu of the dreamhost home page still has a link to the control panel (where support ticket - presumably the “detailed form” you referred to later in your post) is located.

From the Control Panel , the “Support” menu item still has “Contact Support” on it, and if you click it you have many support options. The last one of which (presently indicated by a link in the “Critical Announcement” takes you to the Support Request Form.

Dreamhost embeds this in the “Critical Announcemnt” when there is ongoing major system-wide issues, presumably to encourage you to evaluate whether a support ticket is really indicated.

The “Form” is still there; but you do have to read the page that is presented when you enter “Contact Support” ion the COntrol Panel to find it :wink:

–rlparker

There is still a way to contact them, and it uses the same form as it has for a long time now. You get to the “form” by clicking “Contact Support” from the Support->Contact Support menu within the Control Panel.

Once there, you have to read the whole page. Because of the recent widespread problems, they point you to a “Critical Announcement” after displaying other support contact tools (System wide outages, etc) before offering the form. This seems to me to be highly reasonable, as there is no need for each user to submit a support ticket, when the whole network is “borked”.

Alternatively, click the “use this one” link you referred to and it takes you the “Critical Announcement”, where the link to the “Form” is present as "Still need to submit a support request? Click here! ". It’s still there, guys. They just want you to read the announment before submitting the ticket.

–rlparker

I’m so glad this topic was created to let me know that I’m not just getting the “short end of the magical DreamHost” stick. All of my DH sites have been crap the past week or so. Going completely offline of and on throughout the day. When they do load, they’re at an alltime slow.

I’m on server Doheny FYI.

Yep, this last 10 days or so has been really bad, on a lot of levels. Some had had it better than others, but all have had problems that, in my experience, has not been the norm (did you hear your name, Norm?) for Dreamhost.

Some of my sites have been only sporadically and insignificantly impacted while others have been “paws up”. If there is good news, it appears my sites are all returning (at different times) to normal, and I finally starting to see some improvement in speed, though there are still MySQL speed issues on some servers. I realize that YMMV, and hope others’ site’s are also “healing”.

–rlparker