Ipv6 request to google stalling

On my website, I’ve got a component in my Joomla website that is pulling a Google calendar over ssl. SSL is working fine, but it’s using a ipv6 address to query google. Here are the results when I run a telnet:

$ telnet www.google.com 443 Trying 2607:f8b0:4007:801::1010... Trying 74.125.239.16... Connected to www.google.com. Escape character is '^]'. Connection closed by foreign host.

The first attempt over ipv6 stalls dead, but the ipv4 is instantaneous. I’m assuming the php component attempts the ipv6, stalls and throws the following error on my front and back ends:

Is this something you can fix on the backend or something I can disable in php?

Just got off live chat and it looks like it’s an issue. Put in a support ticket.

Based on http://www.just-ping.com/index.php?vh=www.google.com&c=&s=ping!

I cannot telnet on port 80 from my thrashers shell to a single ipv6 site.

Seven hours later and still nothing on the support ticket or any acknowledgement from support staff, and I still have a gimped up website because IPv6 is totally shot on your backend since yesterday…

Wed 5/8/2013 12:26 AM

[quote]Hi Friend!

I’m sorry for the trouble using IPv6 from your shared web server thrashers! It looks like the small subnet of our network where your shared web server is located is experiencing trouble with IPv6. Our Network Engineering Team has been dispatched and we hope to restore functionality soon. If your domains depend on IPv6 and we are not able to get things working within a reasonable amount of time to satisfy you, we can move you to another subnet that is not affected. All you need to do to get that going is to request a server move. If you have any other questions or issues, please let me know, I’m always happy to help!

Thanks!
Ereon[/quote]

Wed 5/8/2013 12:49 AM

[quote]Hi Friend!

Our Network Engineering Team put the peddle to the metal and got that
IPv6 networking issue straightened out. You should have no more trouble using IPv6 for connections to and from your shared web server.

Thanks!
Ereon[/quote]