IP address not found -website and content lost

Hi everyone,

I am having some difficulty and hope you would be able to kindly help me.
Pleasease can you explain why I can not reach my website it says IP address not found.
I can not see it or the content to edit. I am really worried as I spent a lot of time and effort building this website and content.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,
Somita

Please post your website URL so we can determine if it is only your ISP that can’t resolve your domain.

If it is only you that can’t access your site, you could try flushing your DNS cache on your computer. To do this…

1. From Windows Start, search for cmd.
  2. Right click on Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
  3. In the console, type the following command: ipconfig / flushdns
  4. Then type: exit
  5. Restart your computer

My website is www.somitabasak.net and www.somitabasak.com is a mirror of the net one.
Hope this is helpful.
Thank you so much.

I was not able to resolve either of your sites.

Are they very new to the Domain Name Servers (DNS) you’re using? It can take up to 72 hours for a domain address to propagate around to all the Internet Service Providers (ISPs.) It’s the ISPs that cache where your domain name points to.

Were these domains resolving before? What changed? Did you move to DreamHost recently (see above comment about 72 hours.)

The two sites that I refer to have been up for a few years already.

www.somitabasak.net is the original one and www.somitabasak.com is a mirror of the net one.

Hope this helps.

Looks like registration for somitabasak.net has expired and is available for purchase. Did you pay your domain registration bill? (separate from your hosting bill.)

The other one could also be in the process of expiration.

1 Like

I see you paid your bill & your sites are resolving again.

Always wise to keep your contact info up to date at the registrar to be notified when your domain registration bill becomes due. It’s possible that someone could snatch it up and ransom it back to you for profit. Happens all the time :slight_smile:

my website is THIS>>> FULLFORMS.
i think this is helpfull.