Ioncube...yet again

i created a subdomain.
into the subdomain put a script locked by ioncube.
into the subdomain i put dh-phpion.php
that file “reads”.
the install.php doesn’t see it, and asks for ioncuve loader etc…
i put the dh-phpion.php into the subdomain figuring the install scriopt couldn’t look “further uphill” into the domain to be told to get over itself and just run.
any help or instrux based on the premise that ur talking to an compleat idiot on code will be deeply appreciated.

All I know about ioncube is what I read in sXi’s signature line:

http://sxi.sabrextreme.com/

-Scott

ok.
http://sxi.sabrextreme.com/dh-phpion
please note that this is precisely the script i installed .
opening it >>now<< worked.
opening it last night did nothing… but then i was also getting msgs like crazy in email about sms database connex not wrking etc…
possibly some glitch on dh end.
this time i get
Customising: www.sub.domain.com

Customisation completed successfully!

Notes:

A .htaccess file was discovered and rewritten

and the rest of the install worked.
thanx.

I blame DreamHost! :wink:

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

I just tried the scripts to make sure they still function as expected and now realise that I hosted the original text-like versions. I’ll have to put the newer colourful ones up that don’t use the .dataglob thingy. Thanks for bringing this up or I would have remained oblivious.

Doesn’t everybody?

Well, it’s about time you put an end to that matter. :wink:

Does this mean that ionCube isn’t as challenging to install as it used to be? There used to be no end to the hassles of ionCube.

-Scott

I’m good a being oblivious! :slight_smile:

I don’t think ionCube installation has ever been hard. I reckon people come to the incorrect conclusion that they need to fully build PHP to get the loaders to work, or make typos, or leave ^M’s around during a copy/pasta into M$ Word, or embed the wrong loader (which is really easy to do). The scripts just use DreamHost’s default binary, download the correct loader, and write the stuff in shell - so no typos or ^M’s to worry about.

The ‘colourful’ version I was talking about just rewrites the php.ini without the .dataglob so nothing should break if a site were moved to another server or account, etc. Oh, and they use the FastCGI setup by default now so there should be some additional website performance increase and less strain on the servers too.

nah. it would be more like thank you for having it there at all.
it is appreciated.