IonCube troubleshooting

I followed the Wiki tutorial on adding the php information files, and the SSH install of the IonCube software, but when I go to the test site … http://ipodbg.com/siteeditor/autoinstaller.php?loadertest

It tells me it is NOT installed. I need to get to the main PHP config file to add the nessicary lines, how am I able to do this? Any help will be appreciated.

[quote]I followed the Wiki tutorial on adding the php information files, and the SSH install of the IonCube software, but when I go to the test site … http://ipodbg.com/siteeditor/autoinstaller.php?loadertest

It tells me it is NOT installed.[/quote]
Which wiki tutorial were you following? In addition to the info on the DH Wiki IonCube Loader page, note that you will either have had to install your own PHP or make your own copy of php.ini available. (see the links on the IonCube Loader wiki page linked above.)

If you are referring here to the php.ini page, you just need to navigate to the appropriate directory where you have placed it in your custom installation, or your custom php.ini set-up, and edit it.

It’s hard to guess where that might be until/unless we know exactly what you have done. :wink:

–rlparker

I did everything nessicary on that page.

Thanks for the help though, I fixed it.

I had an error code when loading the AdminCP on the software I was using. So I changed the transfer mode on CuteFTP to Binary, and reuploaded the corrupt files.

Outstanding! I’m glad you got it working. Just out of curiosity, did you go the “compile your own PHP” or the “create your own php.ini” route?

–rlparker

I am pretty sure I made my own, maybe not.

I did the terminal command to copy a ini file over.

But I still did not successfully install IonCube

Oh! I though you had it! Just start over (making your own php.ini is a lot easier that installing your own PHP, IMO.)

Once you get that done, go back to the IonCube Loader wiki page and complete each step. If you have a problem with a particular step, post back here and maybe someone can help.

–rlparker

I figured it out finally.

lol, I was putting that .htaccess file in the /home/MYUSERNAME folder, instead of the ipodbg.com folder… Thanks for the help,

Yes, that could make it not work! :wink: I’m glad you got it sorted, and you are welcome (though I didn’t really do anything).

–rlparker