Ioncube installation problem

software development

I want to install ioncube in my php server. I already upload ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so in ioncube folder. Because 5.2 in my php version. ioncube folder is in joomla install directory. And set zend extension path in php.ini file like zend_extension = /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so.But do not work this installation

php.ini:

[ioncube]
zend_extension="/home/username/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so"

Did you follow the installation procedure outlined in the Wiki article regarding Ioncube?

I’ve done everything step-by-step… still not working.

Question though on the “username” portion…

I have the ioncrap stuff loaded in the domain.com/ioncube folder.

So would the zend command line in my custom php.ini file (which is working fine) be:

/home/usename/domain.com/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

or

/home/.japanization/usename/domain.com/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

According to my phpinfo, the custom php file is in:
/home/.japanization/usename/domain.com/cgi-bin/php.ini

Not that it really seems to matter at this point… I’ve tried both with and without “.japanization” and neither works.

Oi.

Put the .so in a folder called ioncube created in the user’s root.

Path: home/user/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

The mount point .japanization can be added to the path in your php.ini, but it’s superfluous.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

You know, I am now using PHP Version 4

PHP Version 4.4.8

System Linux teguh123 2.6.22.14-opteron-vserver-4.1.0-grsec2.1.11-vs2.2.0.5 #1 SMP Mon Dec 17 13:16:38 PST 2007 i686

So why the runtime loading doesn’t work?

Use the php.ini method rather than the runtime method.

You will require a custom php.ini & the lin_x86 ioncube loader.

Loader package from ioncube.com here.

It’s working. Thanks a lot man

No worries mate. They reckon the php.ini method performs better too :wink:

There are 2 versions of the so files. I think one for 64 and one for 32. I am not sure… The one provided by the link in this thread work.

The wiki article on installing the IonCube loader warns of this:

[quote]… you’ll now need to download the appropriate Linux (x86 or x86-64) ionCube Loader package onto your DreamHost account from either the main ionCube Download page or directly from here.

You can tell what version of the ionCube loader package for Linux you will need to use by inspecting the first section of the output of the phpinfo.php program you just created, and looking at the “System” description section. For example, consider the following phpinfo() output:

System Linux bugsy 2.6.24.6-p4-modules-peon-grsec #1 SMP Thu May 15 22:08:43 PDT 2008 x86_64

In this example, the “x86_64” following the time stamp information indicates you would need the “x86-64” version of the ioncube loader package. [/quote]
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/IonCube_Loader

–rlparker
–DreamHost Tech Support

That’s the thing

Linux teguh123 2.6.22.14-opteron-vserver-4.1.0-grsec2.1.11-vs2.2.0.5 #1 SMP Mon Dec 17 13:16:38 PST 2007 i686

So which one should I download? My program requires PHP5.2 So I started over.

This time it no longer works.

Ups it works. Looks like we need to wait a little bit before trying.

Yeah it’s a bit difficult to make a call following the Wiki word for word when shell only reports that it’s i686 but a rule of thumb - albeit a pretty ordinary backyard mechanic’s thumb - is if an OS doesn’t specify it’s x86_64; then it isn’t.

It doesn’t hurt to load the wrong one while trying them out. You can tell fairly quickly if the one you’ve loaded is the correct version. There’s usually a helper.php (or something similar) that comes with the ioncube packages that you can upload and run to query the server and it’ll tell you precisely which loader you need. Pretty neat really.

I did it thanks.

Just for the record that ioncube helper doesn’t help much either. They tell you the file you need but there are several version of such files.

I did it thanks.

Just for the record that ioncube helper doesn’t help much either. They tell you the file you need but there are several version of such files.

Also based on what you said then we’re using a 32 bit processors.

However opteron is a 64 bit CPU.