ION cube problem

I have been using IONCUBE for some time and just today it stopped working. Getting this error even though I have the said files.

australiaforum.com/vbseo.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.

I have a few domains with Ioncube and all have the same problem. I have tried to run the install file again but get the same error.

me too ,my problem about 70 website, i’m seriously for this problems

dreamhost make me waste many thousands dollars yesterday
i have open ticket to support still no answers and the problem still occur .

support please answer quickly i don’t want to lose my money.

did dreamhost change any part of file struture

please hurry supporter !

sorry to hear about your trouble but I am glad it is not only me. Dreamhost must have changed something because I have been using this for quite some time. I have also opened a support ticket and yet to hear back.

me too.

I looked into the php.ini on pandora.dreamhost.com and the ioncube loader line is missing.

You can only see:
zend_extension="/usr/local/dh/apache/template/phpext/ZendExtensionManager.so"
zend_extension="/usr/local/dh/apache/template/phpext/zend_optimizer5/ZendOptimizer.so"

also the loader file on /usr/local/dh/apache/template/phpext/

is also missing.

My website is http://www.prubaja.com and I also submitted a support ticket. Hope they resolve this sooon.

Sharon

Sharon,
did you make a custom php.ini file?

This is what support said I should do, but I have no idea how to do this.

Can anyone else help? I am looking at wiki page, but I dont know how to go about this.

Hi. I struggled with this problem all day yesterday, 4 of my sites were completely offline - no thanks to Dreamhost for informing that they would upgrade PHP and there might be issues…

Here is a reply I got from the people at Ioncube - (they replied to me in am matter of minutes btw):

This is a result of the host updating the server to PHP 5.2.5, where the Loader must be now be installed in a php.ini file.

You uses uses CGI, and so it may support custom php.ini files that can be created in your own area.

Try creating a php.ini file in the same location as a phpinfo file, and add

zend_extension = /path/to/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

to the php.ini file, using the full path to the Loader in place of /path/to. Your host should be able to advise as to the full path on the filesystem. Then load the phpinfo page and see whether your php.ini file is showing as the config file and whether the Loader is showing as installed. If it is, replicate the php.ini file in each directory where you have php files that you access directly with the browser, such as each directory where there’s an index.php for example. You may need to call the file php5.ini. If you’re unable to get a custom php.ini file to work then ask your host to put the Loader in the main php.ini file. They have another extension in there already and so they should have no problem doing this, and if they need any help then they’re welcome to contact us and we’ll be happy to advise them.

The other thing you need to do us go to the Dreamhost wiki and download the files to set up cgi-bin and custom php.ini files on your domains:

(Dreamhost instructions - )
Basically just download the two files here and put them in the root of your domain:

http://dhspeedtest.com/custom_php/

It is very important that they are put in the root of your domain and not in a sub-directory. Once that is done go to:

http://domain.com/custom_php_ini.php

(be sure to change domain.com to your actual domain). When the link is visited there should be some output like this:

Usage: ./custom_php_ini.sh

Arguments:
test: test to make sure things look good
php4: install custom php4
php5: install custom php5

Under this there should be a drop down box which has test/php4/php5 in it as well as a “Select” button.

It is suggested that the test mode is chosen first which will show which commands the script will run. If things look ok (mainly be sure that the top line is the correct path to your domain) then proceed to chose php4 or php5 for the custom install.

Once the script is done running (it should just show which files where copied) there will be an info.php on your domain:

http://domain.com/info.php

And for php4 the “Configuration File (php.ini) Path” should be to the cgi-bin directory on your domain and for PHP5 it should be the same but for “Loaded Configuration File”

Once that is done the php.ini in the cgi-bin directory in the domains folder can be edited to change the default values. Just download it via FTP and re-upload your edited version. The file can be edited with any text-editor such as wordpad/notepad. Also it is a good idea to delete both the custom_php_ini.php and .sh files from the domains directory once the custom install is completed.

I hope this helps some of you, it was such a painstaking task yesterday. I’m not sure if there is a quick way to do this for all your domains if you have many…

AMH