Invitation Codes

Hi,

I’ve just got email from Dreamhost, give me 5 invitations which if you signed up you will get four (4) times the normal disk and bandwidth!

0549575*****
9643870*****
1352085*****
1882301*****
2834492*****

Since I don’t have any friends to give these invitation codes, I’ll give to DH community who wish to sign up with the code.

Hope this is not spamming !

Updated : Since, there is quite strick restrictions on DH panel I also choose to hide them :slight_smile:

Regards,

Dino

Hey, you are lucky!

I noticed this new feature but have not received any invitation codes yet :frowning:

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

Ah… so, it is not spamming !

I will welcome those who want to use it :wink:

Regards,

Dino

This is the detail description of the offering from my panel :

DreamHost Invitations:

Are each good only one time!

Up our plan features to 2TB disk and 20TB bandwidth!

Give $150 off a 5-year signup or $200 off a 10-year signup!

Sorry… I choose to hide my invitations. If anyone who like that, please give me any reason to use the invitation and email me using my profile.

Feris

Well, a post to these forums for the purpose of (or the primary function of which is) distributing, or touting, anything from which you make money (or, for that matter, to drive traffic to your site) is a type of forum spamming. :wink:

These invitations are basically “mega promo codes”, and you are paid $97 when they are used, so posting here to distribute them (circulate them, offer them to others, etc.) is no different than posting to distribute a promo code or a referral link.

Think for a minute how the “noise to signal ratio” of these forums would increase if everyone did that. To me, they are the same as promo codes, referral links, etc., which have been considered acceptable only when they are:

1. Not part of the content of the post.
  2. Restricted to inclusion in your signature.

Another thing to consider is the warning that accompanies the grant of those invitations:

I surely would not be offering them to anybody unless I was 100% sure they would not end getting disabled!

–rlparker
–DreamHost Tech Support

[quote] Please note: if anybody who used one of your DreamHost Invitations is ever disabled for fraud/spamming/illegal activities, you will immediately lose all current and future invitations… so please be discriminating with these things!

I surely would not be offering them to anybody unless I was 100% sure they would not end getting disabled![/quote]
Wow. I agree 100%. This is perfect for real, legitimate personal referrals.

Again, I think this is Dreamhost leading the pack for product innovation in referrals in web hosting.

I’d have to even be discriminating about which friends I give this out to - much less strangers. I mean, none of my friends would intentionally spam or violate the ToS, but I’m sure there’s some possibility of ignorance or mistakes causing problems (which for me would be killing the goose that laid the golden egg)

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!