Internal Server Error

I work with a WP platform, and in the past few weeks I keep receiving the following message:

In other words, the page I am working on, when saved gives me this message, or goes absolutly nowhere. This is in IE and FF.

Is it possible to get this fixed???

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@healerswhoprosper.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

[hr]
Would it be possible to receive an answer in regards to the question above? Working with such an error tht repeats itself every 5 minutes or so makes it impossible to work on my website.

[hr]
ANOTHER ERROR WHEN TRYING TO SAVE A PAGE

Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found. Perhaps searching will help.

Yeah, I’m using WordPress 3.1, going to upgrade to 3.2.1 soon. For a long time now, every time I submit a new posting I get a server error. While it’s scary, and I do a copy of the text before I Post, the updates never fail.

Anyone else out there with this issue? Which version?

Any resolutions?

Thanks!

I’m presently using WordPress 3.2.1. - and this problem only started with this update.

I’ve searched the web, and have not seen anything in reference to this problem with WordPress.

internal server errors are usually caused by problems with your .htaccess file. Check your error logs. it should give further details.

And how to I check the .htaccess file ?

Good day all,

In regards to the above questions, would it be possible to receive an answer from DreamHost? Is there a phone number where somebody can be reached, or are we supposed to wait for an answer to be posted on this forum?

On the other hand, maybe I should wait until the website totally crashes and then just move the website to a Host that is there to help and answer pertinent questions…

Thanks,
[hr]
I am presently trying to work on a WP page, and I am forever receiving the following message:

Page Not Found
Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found. Perhaps searching will help.

Is there anyway that I can contact the Support service directly by email and have this issue resolved???

Thanks,

[hr]
Again I am receiving the following message: And I am only able to login to my account 1/10

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@healerswhoprosper.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

thanks,

The only official way to contact dreamhost support is via a support ticket. Opened via the panel -> https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=support.msg&

The forum is users helping other users. There are many areas that are beyond the scope of support provided by dreamhost, those topics can be covered here and if another user has input he/she can provide it.

For a while I have been receiving these messages “Internal Server Error” (not all the time, but sometimes - some days more, other days none) and I always thought that this had something to do with my plugins or WordPress settings. However, now I can’t even login via FTP.

These are the messages I have been receiving from FileZilla in the last hour:
“Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Error: Connection timed out
Error: Could not connect to server”

Dreamhost, what is the matter?

You’ll get a faster reply by filing a support ticket.

…and opening a ticket, they’ll just tell you that “your site(s) are using too much memory” and they do have an aggressive thread killer that I swear, based on the amount of complaints here, all of a sudden, has been ratcheted up somewhat in the last few months.

Basically, I’m beginning to think that Dreamhost is great for static and dumb content distribution, but it completely fails at anything that requires parser time. :frowning:

The tools to figure out whats using what resource wise that DH provides… just don’t cut it.

Please let me know if you discover any other shared hosting alternatives at the same pricing level which guarantee more memory and CPU time than DH. I’d be very interested.

I think this isn’t some evil plan hatched by DH. Every hosting company which offers shared hosting enforces rules to make sure all of the shared users play nice. You could try Bluehost which not only enforces memory limits, but also strictly enforces CPU time regardless of whether the server has spare capacity or not. One thing that DH seems to have going in its favour in the shared hosting arena is that they won’t complain about high CPU loads if you are not bringing down the server. That is, if there’s capacity and you get a spike or even a sustained load, as long as your site is relatively efficient, there’s no problem. I haven’t checked in a while, but I don’t think other hosts have a similar policy.