Internal Server Error

wordpress

I was messing with WorpPress yesterday and I think I might have screwed up my website. I tried to cahnge the format my archives were placed on the server. Once I had hit apply though I got the following message:

"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@kungajamas.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I’ve contacted Dreamhost Support to get some help, I have not heard back from them yet and am at a loss as to what to do. I have since removed my Wordpress install (actually I’ve removed every file from my site) thinking that was the problem, but now I get this message no matter where I try to visit my site. FTP up and down still works, but I can’t view pages once they’re up. I’ve double checked to see that http is still enabled (it is), but still nothing. Any help someone could give would be great.

Were you messing around with .htaccess? That might cause the error you are seeing.

Simon Jessey
Keystone Websites | si-blog

Have you checked your server error log?

MacManX.com
I don’t work here. I’m just your typical support forum volunteer.

It was my .htaccess file. I forgot I messed with it about a month ago to try something. Sorry for the dumb post, and thanks for your help.