Internal server error while trying to access a user created folder in the webmail

I am getting the following error msg :

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@b3.webmail.dreamhost.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

This folder was created earlier as my inbox was getting loaded with emails and it was taking long to open my inbox. It was by instructions from dreamhost tech support that i had created this additional folder just to move my excess mails from the inbox to this folder.

I was able to access it without any problems earlier. But when i had to urgently search for an email today, i was unable to open this folder and it was returning the above mentioned error.

Any suggestions on what could have caused this and how to gain access back to those important mails.

Open a support ticket via the panel, or continue your existing one.

I have opened a trouble ticket already. Just expected some suggestion from the forum also

I’m afraid that’s probably going to take and admin to fix.

I have opened a number of tickets and have very poor responses. I’ve asked to escalate the issue and received generic reponses. Here’s the latest ticket I logged…I must say that the service at Dreamhost has degraded over the last 5 years and maybe it’s just time to move on to another host…someplace that includes phone support in the price of their hosting and doesn’t charge extra for it.

So…if I don’t receive an adequate respones we’ll be moving our accounts elsewhere…

This is about the 10th inquiry we’ve sent you regarding our originalginger.com webmail accounts using squirrel mail.

They are not working properly:

1. very slow and at least 5 times slower than other webmail accounts we have hosted at dreamhost. Other webmail accounts are larger than webmail accounts for originalginger.com but perform way faster.

2. Twice when I tried sending emails this morning I received the following error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@b4.webmail.dreamhost.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

1. When I tried accessing my sent folder I also received the following error:

Internal Server Error

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@b4.webmail.dreamhost.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

At this point, we would like the issues with our webmail escalated to the highest tecvhnical person in your organization.

Having been customers since 2007 and having referrred many of our clients to Dreamhost we are at our wits end with your responses.

We’re at the point where if we don’t start receiving better service, we will mov our accounts elsewhere.

Hoping that you do the right thing and start caring about your customers.

Thanks,

Todd O.

Looking at your support history, it seems that the tech did tell you that a large part of the problem was the volume of that folder. This isn’t surprising.

That account with the problem is using 650 MB of space, when you’ve only allocated 200 MB, so that’s probably not helping at all. You also have another account forwarding to that one, which says it has 1952 MB of emails. Quite honestly? That is a lot of email.

Right away, if you haven’t, I would turn on spam filtering. Then I’d probably try to download all my mail. Sometimes mail apps, like Thunderbird, Apple Mail, and even Outlook can handle these large mailboxes better than webmail. If you can get in, you should be able to prune those emails, save 'em off line, and get the folders down to a manageable size. I did notice you said you couldn’t see your folders in Outlook. You also mentioned that you unsubscribed (possibly? I wasn’t sure if you were asking or saying you did) from those folders. If they’re unsubscribed then they can’t be seen by Outlook, so if you turned that off, you should subscribe again and see if that helps.