Internal Error on Drupal

apps

I installed Drupal on one of my domains and I get a 500 Internal Server Error when trying to add a blog entry.

This is the first time I try to install drupal ever.

http://e-rotico.net/drupal/?q=node/add/blog

Any Ideas?

What does your error log tell you about the error?

–rlparker

So far I’ve seen error 500 pop up only in two occasions:

Sending a wrong header with the php function header(), and a badly formed .htaccess file.

Drupal installs a .htaccess file in its directory automatically, so perhaps something went wrong with it. I’d rename it to something like 1.htaccess (thus deactivating it) and see what happens.

If the error goes away after that, you should post the content of the .htaccess file here.

What version of Drupal did you install - 4.7.3?

Edit: I just checked the page and it said (of course) access denied. But that means the Drupal engine actually gets to run, so it can’t be an .htaccess error or something like that…

Yeah, the installation works fine, I registered the admin etc…

here are the only errors Im getting on my error.log

[Fri Sep 29 08:54:37 2006] [error] [client 201.141.91.26] Premature end of script headers: /dh/cgi-system/php.cgi
[Fri Sep 29 08:54:37 2006] [error] [client 201.141.91.26] File does not exist: /home/amigui/e-rotico.net/internal_error.html
[Fri Sep 29 08:54:39 2006] [error] [client 201.141.91.26] Premature end of script headers: /dh/cgi-system/php.cgi

the staff never reads this???

DreamHost staff do contribute here, but the forums are primarily a user-to-user thing.

If you wish to bring this to the attention of DreamHost, your best option would be to lodge a support request through the panel, with all the relevant information and perhaps a link to this thread.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )