Installing plugins in Easy Mode?

I want to build a WordPress site using some plugins I have found on the web.

Just for clarification:

1. If I choose Easy Mode, can I install these, or only the ones already provided?
  2. Which plugins are already provided through Easy Mode?
  3. Can I switch from Easy Mode to Advanced or the other way around once I make my decision?

Thanks!

Go straight for Advanced Mode. No messing about! :wink:

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

Don’t forget you can create free subdomain here. Try both modes with a subdomain and install it on real domain when you are ready

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

Sorry for having to ask this, though can you give me an example of what a subdomain is and how it can be used? I am not even sure what it is. If my address is myaddress.com how would I use a subdomain and where do I configure it

Thanks!!!

[color=#00CC00]Panel > Domains > Manage Domains[/color]

• Click Add New Domain / Sub-Domain

• Type whatever_you_want.domain.com

• Select a user to control it (or create a new user for it)

• Go crazy! :wink:

I found my way to the add sub domain page, though I have no idea what to do.

My address is www.mydomain.com

1.) There is a Domain to Host field, so I enter wp.mydomain.com because this is where I want to test my WordPress install

2.) I leave all of the other options on the page at the default settings.

3.) What do I do next? I do not see a submit button for this.

Thanks for your patience!!!

Make sure it’s the Fully Hosted section. At the bottom of that section is a little button that says Fully Host This Domain, and that’s what sets it up. You’ll end up with an empty directory where the Advanced One-Click will install WordPress when you tell it to install to wp.example.com. The Advanced One-Click will also need a place for your database, which would be something like db.example.com for a database called something like wp_ stanwelks and a user like wp_stanwelks

-Scott

I keep checking and for some reason I do not see this button. I am in the Fully Hosted section.

Right below this section is the Users, Files, and Paths section.

Thanks!

Scroll further down.

Do you see Gmail logo or Google Apps logo?

The button is right below Google Apps logo.

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

Thanks guys for getting me this far. I have the subdomain setup, and now I want to do the one-click install. How do I indicate that I want to do the one-click install for the subdomain and not the primary domain. I do not see that option. When I click on one-click install it takes me to the screen where it asks if I want to install in easy or advanced mode only.

Thanks.

[color=#00CC00]Panel > Goodies > One-Click Installs[/color]

• Click Advanced Mode to open the menu

• Check WordPress

• Install to: Select your sub-domain from the list *

• Click [color=#0000CC]Install for me now![/color]

• You may have to log in to the new sub-domain first and remove the dummy favicon files if the installer complains about the directory not being empty.