Installing Clearsilver

Hello again!

In the wiki entry for installing Clearsilver they describe a fix that looks like this:

sed -i “s@/usr/local/bin/python@/usr/bin/env python@g” scripts/document.py
PYTHON_SITE=$HOME/{your_python} -c \ "import sys; print [path for path in sys.path if path.find('site-packages') != -1][0]"
./configure --with-python=$HOME/{your_python} --prefix=$HOME
–disable-ruby --disable-java --disable-apache --disable-csharp --disable-perl

I don’t understand it… I understand the ./configure part, but the part before that I don’t understand. How should I enter it? Should I first enter:

sed -i “s@/usr/local/bin/python@/usr/bin/env python@g” scripts/document.py

into the terminal and then:

PYTHON_SITE=$HOME/{your_python} -c \ "import sys; print [path for path in sys.path if path.find('site-packages') != -1][0]"

And then the configure part?

Thanks in advance!

Martin Lundberg
Student, Sweden

Argh!

I give up. Installing Trac was to much problem, I’m going to install Bugzilla instead! =) Wish my luck!

Martin Lundberg
Student, Sweden

Looking at the wiki I think you are right. Those lines are run from the command line to fix the makefiles.
Did you get anywhere with clearsilver?

Norm

No I got an error when doing “make install”. I’m going to use bugzilla instead.

If anyone who uses bugzilla/trac/subversion wants to talk over a instant messeging, please give me your id, asking questions over the forums takes so much time.

Martin Lundberg
Student, Sweden

If someone know how or is going to and will learn how to install Clearsilver (or Trac for that sake) please contact me because I really would like to get Trac installed, I just know I can’t by myself.

Martin Lundberg
Student, Sweden