Installing a Forum on a website

hey guys - I am still a newb but learning. I just want a nice forum for people to talk and topics and maybe easy to custom the header and colors Etc. Any recommendations and also can you please walk me through the install Process thanks and I really appreciate it.

PHPBB is available as an Advanced One-Click and has good support.

http://www.phpbb.com/

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

Ive d-loaded the PHPBB and put the unzipped folder in a folder I created on the website I want it, and then started to run the install after typing in the Addy for that. And it says I need a bunch of Server/database info, which of course I dont think I would have.

I tried this first before I posted

What is the Advanced 1 click (cause I dont see if on the site) and what is the diff I have it?

You can see the available One-Click Installs in your DreamHost Panel.

[color=#00CC00]Panel > Goodies > One-Click Installs[/color]

[color=#0000CC]Install new website software - Advanced mode[/color]

Thanks - Im going through the process. I want a forums attached to like www.domain.com/talk.html or something like that -

Can you help me go through the process? I created a folder called talk and put it in the dotcom I want the forum

I really appreciate the help and understand you pros are busy, and I hope in the future if a newb comes on here I can help them :slight_smile:

Just follow the One-Click Install form and when you get to the part that says Install to: select your domain and enter talk in the box provided. Then just continue on with the form, creating a database, etc.