Install IonCube for Wordpress?

apps

Hi i want to install ioncube php loader in my private server … i had gone through all the steps mentioned in wiki for ioncube …

I have installed custom ini … Set up the .htaccess file …
Action php-cgi /cgi-bin/php-wrapper.cgi
Action php5-cgi /cgi-bin/php-wrapper.cgi

I get 500 internal server ? Help me

My Phpinfo : www.shareordie.in/phpinfo.php

Try this: http://sxi.sabrextreme.com/files/dh-phpion/

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

I had uploaded to my domain.com/dh-phpion.php

now my site is giving 500 internal server error !

What i have to do, i dont know please help ? … Does CHMOD ing the internal files will help me out !

It loads fine for me. Is there a particular page where you’re receiving a 500 error?

The site is using your own php.ini now: screenshot

And ioncube is loading correctly: screenshot

I have WP installed already, I put the directory with the files in it into the root directory, which is:

http://www.sitename.com/dh-phpion/dh-phpion.php

I browsed to it and WP showed “there is nothing here by that name,” however, it looked like an ioncube directory was created in my root directory, so I tried the app that requieres ioncube, but it didn’t work.

This is pretty frustrating, since it seems like a lot of people need ioncube.

Best,
Dainis

Here’s what I’ve tried so far:

edit php.ini using any plain text editor or notepad ( not Microsft Word).

Scroll down to the end of the file and edit the following file :

zend_extension="/home/USERNAME/DOMAIN-FOLDER/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so"

Update the username to your FTP username, as well as DOMAIN Folder, An example is shown below :

zend_extension="/home/ashley/mydomain.com/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so"

once done, save it and then upload the cgi-bin folder into your domain name folder (I created this folder)

Then open the .htaccess file under the domain name folder ( if you don’t have one, create a blank file ).

and add the following lines to the end of the file :

which meant my htaccess file looked like this:

BEGIN WordPress

RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

END WordPress

…and I tried it with the “action” statements above END wordpress, but that didn’t work either. My site just loaded a blank page.

Best,
Dainis

[quote]I have WP installed already, I put the directory with the files in it into the root directory, which is:

http://www.sitename.com/dh-phpion/dh-phpion.php[/quote]
It says to put it in your domain.com folder, the path would be: http://www.sitename.com/dh-phpion.php

The script won’t even run if you put it anywhere else.

It doesn’t install anything to user root, or even the domain folder for that matter.

The loader is stored alongside your php.ini

OK, I think it “may” have worked. Do I have to do this install for all of my wordpress sites, or if I’ve done it on one domain, does that take care of it for all of them? Also, how would I install, if I want all of my sites to have access to ioncube?

So, basically, it looks like this worked…and thanks a bunch for that! But, I’m not quite sure yet, so I’ll report back.

Best,
Dainis

It would be absolutely reckless to supply a publicly downloadable script that by default installs a data obfuscation device on every domain in any given user’s account.

If you have an inordinate number of sites such that performing an install that takes mere seconds on each one is restrictive to any degree, I can only suggest that you either get an employee to perform the task or employ a coder who’ll write you a more specific automated solution under license.

Upon reading this post, my first response was “I have no idea what a data obfuscation device even is.” But, now, I’m gathering that IonCube is a data obfuscation device.

No, I only have a few domains where I would be using this, it’s just that my successful install did not have a wordpress site there yet. Now, I’d like to install where I already have a WP site working, and I don’t want the install to take the site down.

I will back things up and give it a go. Likely, everything will work as smoothly as it did before. However, due to a password issue with the vendor whose software I’d like to use, I don’t yet know if IonCube is working or not, even though the test said it did.

The debug script had one line with an x in it, and I don’t know if that means anything.

So, I didn’t know that such a “move” would be reckless.

Thanks for your info!
Dainis

The loader decrypts code that was previously encrypted by a vendor. While this is a good protection method from the vendor’s point of view it also means you have to have complete faith that the script poses no security threat to your site. Personally I wouldn’t use anything that cloaks itself in an encrypted form.

Note thread topic :wink:

[quote]Likely, everything will work as smoothly as it did before…
…I don’t yet know if IonCube is working or not, even though the test said it did.[/quote]
Your unbridled confidence is overwhelming :slight_smile:

It uses the official ionCube test files that are distributed with the loaders themselves. The test file actually reads an ionCube encrypted file, so if it says it was successful then you can be 100% (+50G) positive that ionCube is loading correctly.

Without the nx reference I couldn’t be positive, but it’s most likely an indication that you already had a cgi-bin folder. The script is a crop from a different project and about 4 or 5 of those lines would be relevant when using it in it’s cutdown form to install PHP with ionCube on Sarge, Etch, or VPS.

I’ll try put some time aside later to post some info regarding how it all works in the forum (link is in the zip) later and detail the debug output for those who might be interested.

“Personally I wouldn’t use anything that cloaks itself in an encrypted form.”

Hmm…OK, I will look into that! Wow! Honestly, I hope DH pays you…are you on their staff. Your help has been great!

I’ll check out your MaxCash thing, but that sounds fishy to me…but hey…if it’s from you, then maybe it’s not. Feel free to PM me about your affiliate stuff or programs or …

Best and thank you very much! I’ve learned a lot from you. It would be nice to understand the cloaking thing better, and honestly, I don’t understand it much at all.

IonCube was necessary for a tool I’m sampling called WordPressDirect. It builds wordpress sites for you. I’m very curious about the legal ramifications of the tool, though, since it may be “farming” content in a way that is not “above board,” however, maybe it’s OK, and it just depends on how you configure it.

Best,
Dainis

The maxcash thing is a DreamHost promocode, you can create your own in Panel. You get a kickback if anyone signs up with DreamHost using a promocode you made or fills in your email address as a referrer when they signup.

lol no, I’m not staff and they don’t pay me. I’m just a regular DreamHoster like yourself.

I don’t know anything about WordPressDirect, but if you’re concerned that it’s usage might constitute a breach of the TOS it would be a good idea to drop Support a line via your Panel and get an official response directly from them.

The script did not work this time, and I don’t know why. I’m deep into shell access, looking up unix commands, and I’m a bit frustrated. I purchased software (again) that requires IonCube, and I can’t use the software, even though I need it to work by tomorrow. Rrrrg.

Check your panel and ensure the userspace is running under PHP5 before running the ionCube installer :wink:

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost