Individual SquirrelMail installation

apps

I was wondering if anyone could provide any help/tips on how to install my own version of SquirrelMail on my webspace.

I realize that Dreamhost already offers SquirrelMail pre-installed for all its users, but they don’t allow extra plugins to be installed if you use that server-wide version; so Dreamhost’s tech support suggested that I ask here, to see if anyone can point me in the right direction. (they were unable to help me on this specific topic)

I’m not very technologically savvy when it comes to this sort of thing, but I have a 1337 friend who’s an IT guy that said he’d help me install it, however, he’s hoping I can get a few more details on installing it for an individual user. (he’s installed it for entire servers, but never for an individual user) Both he, and the Dreamhost tech support told me I’d need to have “shell access” but beyond that I don’t really know any other details.

I apologize for my immense cluelessness… but like I said, my friend knows a lot about this stuff, so if you’re able to help at all, no need to dumb it down or anything, because I’m sure he’ll be able to understand fine.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide! :slight_smile:

This thread has some information that might help.