Indexhibit

I am trying to upload Indexhibit (a site building program) files to my domain (acquired through dreamhost). I have “opened a connection” using Cyberduck, to the server. Now I am told (via Indexhibit):

Ask your host which is the root directory of your server - (I’ve done many installations for Dreamhost but I can’t remember what the root directory usually is)
As mentioned in the Long-version: Normally, you will be looking for folders with names like “public_html”, “root”, “www”

If the files were in the right place, searching: mydomain.com/ndxzstudio/install.php would install the Indexhibit.
However, when I try this I get this message: The requested URL /ndxzstudio.com/install.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Dreamhost support says:

Maybe try creating the ndxzstudio folder within the agoostus.com folder
to see how the install goes.

How do I do this using Cyberduck?

I have not heard back from Support and time is of the essence. ANY help would make me the most grateful soul.

• I

i think you mean the document root folder?

by default, that is the folder with the same name as your domain which you will see in your home folder which is located at /home/USERNAME/ or ~ if Cyberduck supports it

so the full path will be /home/USERNAME/YOURDOMAIN :slight_smile:

where do I search for this path? would this be through cyberduck?

you will need to either FTP or SSH into your account in DH to search for this path.

try DH panel --> Domains --> Manage Domains --> WebFTP

again sorry if I sound dim, but what do I enter for “Host:” once I click on webFTP.

danke,

• I

I noticed someone from our support team recently emailed you back! Please reply there directly with any questions/concerns and we’ll get back to you ASAP. Thanks!

I believe you would enter <yourdomain.tld> (tld being com net org, whatever, strip the angle brackets), or for the free domains psXXXXXX.dreamhosters.com (XXXXXX being your server ID or psXXXXXX.dreamhostps.com for VPS. Not sure if #2 applies to shared hosting. Or the IP address. As far as I know you have no web document root until you create a user and a domain, but I’m a n00b. (See previous thread in Beginer’s Forum). There may be yet another type of host entry for shared hosting, but the IP address should always work.