Index.html problems

When I go to my webpage, I see a Index / file structure. I think I have figured out that this is due to a index.html file…(correct?) But I am unable to find the index.html file that is causing me so many problems.

When I ftp into my home directory, I see three folders: logs, maildir, and unruly25.com. From what I’ve read, I get the impression that it should be in the unruly25.com folder, but its not. The only index.html files I can find anywhere are in the logs file.

Why can’t I find this index.html file?
Where should it be?
Is it possible I am not seeing all of the files through CuteFTP Pro?
Once I find it, should I delete it off the server?
Once I get this done, do I upload my .html files into the home directory or the unruly25.com directory?

thanks,
jess

The file structure/directory listing is due to the absence of an index.html (php) file, not the presence of one.
You should put any files for your web site in the unruly25.com folder of your ftp. Try putting any file in this folder and go to your site. It should appear in the directory listing.

The index/file structiure is what you see when there is no index.htm, index.html, or index.php. Create an index.html file an put it into your unruly25.com directory.

-Jason

MP3Mystic Your personal Streaming MP3 Server
Dreamhost Hosting

and when I go to http://www.unruly25.com/ I get a graphic… not the index/file stuff…

-Jason

Dreamhost Hosting

Nice picture, too, but the image file is more than 1300k, which took a bit to load, even on broadband.

Its down to 52k now.

-Jason

Dreamhost Hosting

MUCH faster!