Increasing upload size in Wordpress

wordpress

Hello,

I want to use Wordpress to host my podcast. However, the max upload size is 7mb (I did a custom install, not a one-click; it was that or less with the one-click install); an average podcast size is closer to 30mb.

I looked online for how to increase this, and saw some mention of changing wp-config.php to include the line define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘64M’); - I did this, but there didn’t seem to be any effect.

I also read online that I need to ssh in and change the php.ini file. I’ve ssh’d into my server but I don’t think I have permissions to access this at the moment - at least, I don’t see the php.ini file anywhere, so I assume it’s invisible. Is this the right way to go about changing the max upload size, and if so, how do I get access to php.ini? If not, what’s the right way to do it?

Thanks,

Toby

FYI -

I solved this by going to http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Php.ini and following the instructions to switch to 5.3, create phprc in the appropriate dir and adding the following two lines

upload_max_filesize = 64M
max_post_size = 64M

I want to increase my file upload size too for Wordpress. I have followed the same instructions above (switched to 5.3x Fastcgi), but have seen no change in the file size upload limit of 7M.

Should I just be patient and wait for the change to propogate? How long does this take? Or should I try following the instructions for 5.2?

Btw, php.ini is generally something you create, not created by the web host. It’s just a text file with a special extension. You can ftp it as well.