Increase the file size that can be uploaded in PHP

hello,

i am writing a program that can upload a file using PHP code and want to upload files using that program. Seems that there is some limit (somewhere around 7-8 mb) so, how can I increase that to my own defined limit?

Jigar Mehta
India

There are actually a couple of approaches you could take, depending upon your technical abilities:

1)Dreamhost allows you to compile your own version of PHP for use on your domain.

2)You can use the “pre-compiled” DH version(s) of PHP in conjunction with your own php.ini file, in which you can modify configuration setting for your use.

Either of these approaches will allow you to change the max file upload size. Good Luck!

–rlparker

hello,

thanks for your reply. i am really new to unix. can you tell me how can I get the shell access where i can enter the command which are written at wiki? will I need to install any software to connect to my website’s shell account? i created shell account from DH admin area…

Jigar Mehta
India

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/SSH

They need more support help.
Pay me (and DreamHost gets 5%+$0.30) Cut the code: [color=#00CC00]9999=$99.99 Off[/color]

Note: You will need to enable SSH/Telnet access for your user before you can log-in using SSH.

I think it’s mentioned in the wiki article, but it’s worth mentioning again, in case you miss it.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

[quote]Note: You will need to enable SSH/Telnet access for your user before you can log-in using SSH.

[/quote]

I think they mentioned that previously:

;->

They need more support help.
Pay me (and DreamHost gets 5%+$0.30) Cut the code: [color=#00CC00]9999=$99.99 Off[/color]

Damn, I missed that part of his post.

I’ll go stand in the corner now… :blush:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] ( Click for promo code details )