Incorrect email addy entered upon sign up

Hi,

I made the really dumb mistake of signing up with Dreamhost with an incorrect email address! I had a typo in my email address and obviously haven’t received any further correspondence with Dreamhost on how to proceed with the hosting and domain registration switch.

I left a message about my problem through the ‘General Sales Enquiry’ contact form, since I don’t have a control panel to access tech support directly, but haven’t heard anything.

Does anybody have an alternate contact that I could email with my problem?

My domain is now in limbo and I can’t receive any of my emails from my domain name, since to switch, I already requested my old web hoster to change the DNS namesevers over to Dreamhost.

Any help will be appreciated!

Can you log into panel.dreamhost.com? Hopefully you have a webID you can use to log in. Even that mistaken email address should work as your login ID.

From the Control Panel, you can Edit your profile (link at top) and make changes to your contact info.

-Scott

When you signed up, you created webid. that will let you log into the panel.dreamhost.com

You can then click into Support > Support history to see the messages they have sent out.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website

I don’t believe a WEBID is created during the sign-up process any more, not since the recent decision to deprecate WEBIDs and use email addresses as panel log-ins.

However, as mentioned above; You should still be able to log-in to the panel using the incorrect email address.

Once in the panel, you can find copies of any emails that were sent to you at Support -> Support History.

You can also change the incorrect email address by clicking on Edit Profile at the top of the page.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )