Incorpoarting Donations to website fees

A while back I read about a way to set up a donation section for each website. This way users could directly pay towards the cost of serving the website.

What I want to do is set up a section of my websites where users can donate money and that money would directly go towards the payment of keeping the website running.

Are there any documents on this?

PS: anything that could show how much more money is needed to keep the site running and when the next payment is due would be nice also. This screen would be open to the public. (We depend solely on people donating to the site.)

I’m not sure what you mean by a donation section, and can’t help with “amount needed” display. You could check out my sig’ link though, and the Panel instructions were fairly self-explanatory for setting that up. You might also find something in the wiki.

They need more support help.
Pay me (and DreamHost gets 5%+$0.30) Cut the code: [color=#00CC00]9999=$99.99 Off[/color]

Did you do this in some other servers before? This is my first time to hear this but it is interesting. I think if the server does not provide the service, you have to manually maintain your account balance.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97MONEY[/color].

Checkout the “donations (to you!)” section of the panel, this will let your users donate directly to your hosting using paypal.

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)