Included domain lasting only one year?

I purchased a two-year hosting plan from Dreamhost, but the domain part is expiring after one year. There’s a link allowing me to renew it, but at the price of $9.95. Yet, on their site, it says:

“Also, since all our plans include one FREE domain registration for the life of the hosting, you might as well use it!”

I thought the cost of the 2nd year of the domain was included. Anyone confirm?

You get one free domain renewal every year. How soon from your anniversary date is it? The “credit” usually appears around 30 days before your anniversary date.

Also, if you’ve recently registered a new domain, you may have inadvertently “used up” the credit. This doesn’t happen too often because you have to have very bad timing. Obviously, if this has happened you’ll have to pay for the renewal of your original domain because you’ve used the domain registration credit for the other domain. :slight_smile:

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

The domain expires on 4/22/08. I started the hosting with the “My Crazy Domain Insane” package on the same date last year (4/22/07).

Yup, well, 20 more days and then it’s renewal time, right?

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off

Yeah. I guess I’ll wait 20 days for the credit to appear, and then set auto-renew. Thanks for the help!

I think it’s the case that if you set auto-renew now, the site will auto-renew when the credit appears and not before.