Incentives To Renew

How come Dreamhost doesn’t offer incentives for renewing? Our account is coming due after being with Dreamhost for a year. You’d think they’d want to keep our business wouldn’t they?

I’m a customer - I don’t officially speak for Dreamhost but I would be very surprised if they don’t agree with me and surely if I’m wrong DH staff will correct me with the “Shut the Heck Up Stick”

They do.

That’s why they effectively gave you one year for free. Time to either show your appreciation and actually - gasp - pay for the service or find another provider and move everything. No, it’s not a bait and switch or anything like that. They WANT your business and are willing to let you use it for almost free (do you think $23/year even begins to pay the costs?) for a year. They think that they can EARN your business by being there for you and showing you that they can do the job.

It’s $8 a month. You pay more to McDonalds and even they aren’t open 24/7.

Wholly

They do. Aren’t you paying attention to your ever-increasing bandwidth allocation, ever-increasing disk storage quota, new features that are regularly added at no additional cost to you, and the “forever” price freeze for existing customers?

You’d think you would want to keep your hosting, wouldn’t you? :wink: Of course, to renew, you would have to actually pay something (more than a couple of bucks a month) for your service. Sheesh!

The best “incentive to renew” is the price, value, features, and service of your alternatives. If you find a better total deal for you than what Dreamhost offers on it’s regular priced plans, you should take it. :wink:

–rlparker

It’s as simple as this, really. DH offers a service at what they think is a competative price, before you introduce promo codes, and whatever discounts they feel up to throwing at us for whatever whacky reason of the week they do. People obviously agree that the service they get for the price they pay is worth it and competative, because they continue to pay it. If you can find better, go for it. It’s not up to them, though, to prove why you should stay with them, per say. It’s up to you to come up with why you shouldn’t. Obviously when you signed up, you thought it was better than this or that other place. Unless of course this is your first web host but you know, exception to every rule. Still don’t think it’s better than this or that other place? Then go pay this or that other place’s prices. They did their job when you handed over your creditcard number. Your phone company doesn’t give you an insentive to pay your bill every month, or whenever it is they make you pay your bill. If you find a better offer from another phone company, nothing stops you from switching. Same with DH, and any other company in any other market. Competition defined.

Yes, I have an opinion.

Get a minimum 50% off with the “haveadreamyday” promo code, and… have a dreamy day. Original, no?

If you haven’t been Happy™ enough with the service to refer enough new customers to cover your hosting bill, then maybe you should move elsewhere, if you can find a better deal. If you can, please let us know. :slight_smile:

Cut the code, [color=#CC0000]it’s their birthday:[/color] [color=#00CC00]9999 => $99.99 Off[/color]

Then you have had a full year to evaluate the service at a heavily discounted price. The question you need to ask yourself is “was the service I received worth the full plan cost?”. If the answer is yes, then pay the money. If you don’t think it was worth it, then good luck with finding another host.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

hostly speaking, DH really provides a good hosting package. With the promo code, you can enjoy the service for a year with a very low price.

What’s more do we want?

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

I think we’ve abused this poor guy enough.

I paid full price for two years and I still don’t regret it.

Wholly

Anyone who visits lots of forums have seen this question asked over and over. People expect to renew for the same price, but we must understand that most people don’t know the real cost of such a plan, and that this is just a way to try the service with almost no risk…

Dreamhost $97 promo code

[color=#CC0000]97promo[/color] will give you $97 off
[color=#CC0000]90promo[/color] will give $7 to Unicef