I’m helping friends move their business website and emails from Aabaco to Dreamhost. I want to be sure I’ve got the process correct. Here is their current config:
- Hosting and 1 email address on Aabaco
- domain registrar = Dotster
So far, I’ve moved all the website contents to Dreamhost (I set up a mirror to be sure all was well). I set up the corresponding email address on Dreamhost and mirrored it as well.
The one email user very much depends on her email for business, so I want to have as little downtime for her as possible. She uses Outlook. Here’s my plan:
- Back up her Aabaco email using Outlook to a PST file
- Configure Outlook to point to the Dreamhost email mirror and import the PST file.
- Double check via webmail that email got imported.
- Log in to Dotster and change Aabaco/Yahoo’s nameservers to Dreamhost’s.
- Change all references to the mirror to the domain on both the live site and her email set up.
- Once all is well, move domain registrar to Dreamhost.
Is this the most efficient (and correct) method? Is there a better way for me to do this?
Thanks in advance,