Importing database from previous Gallery2?

apps

I have another site hosting a Gallery 2 install which I want to move to dreamhost.

Can someone explain how I import my old database into the new one? I cant see any options to do so within the control panel!

Cheers

Guv

I think that this Wiki Article will help you out.

-Matttail

Unfortunately it does say (as far as I can see) the one bit of info Im trying to find out. ie where is phpMyAdmin within the control panel interface. I would have thought it would be a seperate menu item - or sublink from MySQL. It it is - I cant see it!

Cheers

ahh, phpmyadmin is located at the hostname for the database. When you set up the database in the panel, you gave it a hostname -s somehthing like mysql.example.com. Just type that into a internet bowser and you’ll get phpmyadmin. Log in with the user/pass you set up for the database.

-Matttail

Ah ha. Ok Cheers for that. Everything seems to all be there - but things are not that obvious to find out at times!

This gets more and more unnecessarily complicated!

I set the domain name for a domain currently hosted elsewhere.

The MySQL was give a database name - and it also had another name which was left as aname.mydomain.com (which I now see is a clickable link to manage the database.)

Im kinda thinking that I will not be able to view it until I amend the domain - which as stated, I dont want to do until I know Ive got the gallery working! Am I at catch 22?

Or will I be able to do so with the mirror option setup? It doesnt seem to work using myname.mirrorname.dreamhosters.com - but I didnt expect it to!

Hmm dbname.yourname.dreamhosters.com didn’t work either?

The Insane Cabbit
My Blog http://www.sounanda.com
My web store:
http://www.marciesgifts.com
Send me a pm if you want cms or forum software installed (for a fee)

Nope. I tried all combinations.

I have just had a reply from support. They say I need to create another database using the mirror domain. Surely this wont use the “real one”?

Im having a real tough time of this. The gallery2 install in the mirror has failed after going through and passing the install. (Maybe the above is why?) And it took about 30 hours to transfer my gallery data over! (About 400MBs) That doesnt seem right - but probaly the crap host (and reason I am migrating) that is to blame.