Hi, I just created my domain and an email account. I am trying to migrate my mailbox contents from elsewhere into the new account. Currently unable to, run into the following problems
- mailutil is not available
- Used mb2md to create the Maildir set of directories and files. Awesome. Can’t see the messages on my email client though.
Reason is, I guess, that my shell account on niners does not get visibility of my email account on homie or whatever. Three questions then:
- What is the point of having a Maildir set of directories on my shell account? They were there waiting for me on my first login
- Where is the information on how to transfer files/messages to my email account(s)? More importantly, where is the information on where and how are imap mailboxes being kept/stored/maintained?
- Can someone on dreamhost do this file transfer for me? Without killing the few messages already on my current inbox? I’ve filed a support request as well …