Immediate problems

Hi,

After a very hectic and frustrating week with another webhost I just signed up to Dreamhost only to find that the main component I need to run my sites [databases] are not working. This seems to be an ongoing problem judging by what I see in the forums here…

Since discovering this little problem I have been chasing my tail trying to get some support - which at this stage this amounts to zilch, nada, NONE!

I would like to get out before I go in any deeper, so the million dollar question is -

Is the process of trying to get your money back as easy it was for Dreamhost to take it from me?

Thanks for your advice…

I am surprised. To date, I have had no problems with MySQL. There have been one or two minor outages, but no loss of data or anything else of significance.

Simon Jessey
Keystone Websites | si-blog

the databases work, but are very damn slow! ;(

GottaDeal.com Deals & Coupon Codes. Why Pay Retail?

Yes they are very quick with refunds…im heading over to 1and1.com for their hosting…As far as your comments about MYSQL problems, many MANY users are having great difficulties at DH for some time, the ones who arent having as many problems are people on different servers than you and i probably are. good luck!

IAmAtMyWitsEnd

[quote]so the million dollar question is -

Is the process of trying to get your money back as easy it was for Dreamhost to take it from me?

[/quote]

Yes, don’t worry. I did it before, and they refunded very promptly, with no questions asked. That’s also why I later signed up with them again, and have been with them since then (Aug 1999). :wink:

GungHost.com :: DreamServers.net :: DreamRegistrar.com

Hey Shadow! Good to see you here, and sorry you’re having so many problems (especially since I recommended DH). What about the databases aren’t working for you? Have they been activated yet? Are you seeing any errors? I’m using 8 DBs right now and have no problems, and no slowdowns either.

MacManX.com