IMAP question

Okay, so I’ve finally decided to start giving up on all things POP, at least where my DH mail is concerned. The problem is, I have a system set up with use for POP that sees emails get tossed into their own separate folders as they come in, based on who they’re from, to, or even certain things in the spam headers. I have yet to figure out how to have a similar thing with IMAP. I can create folders via squirrelmail no problem, but any attempt to actually make use of them with my mail client throws back an error, something like the mailbox doesn’t exist or must be subscribed to. Also, for some reason or another, I can’t seem to create a top level folder… everything must be a subfolder of the inbox or some other thing. Could that be the reason for my difficulties? If yes, then um… how do I correct that?

Yes, I have an opinion.

Get a minimum 50% off with the “haveadreamyday” promo code, and… have a dreamy day. Original, no?

Everything does have to be a subfolder of the Inbox. You do have to “subscribe” each new folder, and how to do it depends on your client.

They hired more support help.
Tip me (and DreamHost gets 5%+$0.30) Cut the code: [color=#00CC00]9999[/color]=$99.99 Off

Okay, I suppose… that kinda makes sense. Now to figure out how best to make it so I’m not refreshing the mailbox list every time I add a new one… thanks.

Yes, I have an opinion.

Get a minimum 50% off with the “haveadreamyday” promo code, and… have a dreamy day. Original, no?