IMAP - Custom PHP Issues - Memory Limit

software development

Alright ladies and gents, I sure hope someone can help me here. I am on day three with no success, here are the issues:

I uploaded some new office software I desperately need, and when I ran the install script . . . It requires IMAP Extentions to be installed for the email system to work. This being one of the main features we need, I am trying to resolve it.

I followed the guide on Custom PHP installation in the WIKI and had a pretty easy time of it (even though I had never used PuTTy or anything of the sort). When I now refresh my softwares install script the IMAP is showing up fine and all is well there . . . I have just seemed to create more problems.

First, It seems that the script for Custom PHP is 5.2.0 in the WIKI tutorial . . . and now there is 5.2.2 stable available. How can I make this little upgrade . . . Please remember I am a complete idiot when it comes to this stuff.

Second, I am now (since the custom php install) getting these error messages when I access my script (can be seen at mountainmineralmanagement.com/install/install.php)

[quote]
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.hobbie/manetworks/mountainmineralmanagement.com/config.php:3) in /home/.hobbie/manetworks/mountainmineralmanagement.com/Group-Office.php on line 73

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/.hobbie/manetworks/mountainmineralmanagement.com/config.php:3) in /home/.hobbie/manetworks/mountainmineralmanagement.com/Group-Office.php on line 73

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.hobbie/manetworks/mountainmineralmanagement.com/config.php:3) in /home/.hobbie/manetworks/mountainmineralmanagement.com/classes/base/language.class.inc on line 95[/quote]
Third, I now have a memory limit set and cannot seem to fix it:

Can someone help me walk through these issues. I think I may have additionally messed things up by trying to fix the memory limit by following the custom php.ini WIKI.

I am looking for the easiest fix, so if there is a way to remove the custom php (need steps to do that if so), and get the IMAP extentions installed without all this hassle, that would be great, If not . . . please help me fix this.

Thanks for the help . . . Mike

I finally got this resolved on my own… It appears that I had not properly set the permissions for the php.ini file and the cgi-bin directory.

After clearing that up, everything is working pretty well.

I would still love to know the easiest way for me to upgrade the newest version of PHP (5.2.2 I believe).

Thanks anyway . . . just glad it is working.

So bad at this I’m going CRAZY, with worry.

I’ll be updating (or really adding) the install script in the wiki with some code that works to upgrade your copy of PHP.
It’s literally a re-install though, as I’m unaware of any way to fully “upgrade” it without removing the existing data.
It’ll also have a few issues with the php.ini file if anything is added/removed from it, so you’ll more than likely have to modify that yourself if anything goes wrong.

That said, glad you got it resolved on your own :wink:

Chips N Cheese - Custom PHP installs and the like!

I’ll be looking for the new code . . .

It’ll be up around Thursday/Friday. I have my finals Monday-Wednesday, so don’t have time currently to work on it.

Thanks for doing that for us all . . . I am sure others will be happy to have the information as well.

Being a novice to all of this . . . I am really appreciative!

In case you’re interested in trying it out early, before it gets added to the main article, you can check out the finished script here.

Sorry for the delay in getting it out too. I was having major issues with some of my error checking… thankfully some IRC folks helped me figure it out earlier today :wink:
I should also note that in the off-chance it doesn’t actually resore your old php.ini setup, you can manually restore them from whatever you set the BACKUPDIR to.