ImageMagick

apps

I have succcessfully installed IM on my shared enviroment, but I cant seem to get it to load. I have a custom ini file and I think I’m making a mistake in the extension directory portion of the ini file, ie., extension_dir = “./”. Can someone tell me where this should be pointed on a default install. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

ImageMagick is already installed on shared servers in /usr/bin. What is that you need that’s different from what’s already there?

-Scott

Thanks for the reply. I was under the impression that it was not installed, so I installed it. Is there a way for me to back track and use the existing install? Appreciate the help!

Simply use the path Scott mentioned in your script. You can remove any files and directories created during your own installation for house-cleaning purposes.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

Appreciate the help guys. Its still not loading the module when using /usr/bin when I run phpinfo. It is loading my custom ini file and I checked tested the new install of IM and that appears to be installed correctly. When I attemp to test the old install of IM I receive a “configure” message. I dont have any special needs that would require the newer version, I just need one to load. Any suggestions? Thanks again!

IM is an executable. It’s normal not to see it as a listed module in phpinfo();

So, a couple of questions; the WIKI instructions that indicate adding: extension= imagick.so are wrong? And I own a linux box (Ubuntu 8.04) running Apache and the phpinfo script indicates ImageMagick is called and loaded. So DreamHost is different? Sorry about the additional questions, I just need to get IM functioning on this host. Thanks!

Where are these “Wiki instructions” of which you speak?

convert (ImageMagick) is available by default at usr/bin - unless things have changed recently.