Image linking

Hi,

I’ve tried quite a few things to get this going but unfortunately I haven’t been successful. Anyhow here’s the issue:

I’ve got two domain names, lets call one www.xyz.com and the second www.123.com both ‘fully hosted’ on DreamHost.

www.123.com is ‘fully hosted’ and its web directory is defined as ‘/home/username/xyz.com/Folder’ and the user is the same as the one for www.xyz.com.

I’ve got a CMS installed in the location xyz.com/Folder so basically 123.com is running that CMS as well as its sharing that folder. However the images folder for the CMS is located in xyz.com/anotherfolder/anotherfolder/images/.

When I access the website from xyz.com/Folder/ it works fine, everything displays the way its ment to. However when I visit 123.com everything else is still there except for the images. The ‘included php files’ still work so I’m guessing the hotlinking or something is disallowed? How do I make it so the images will show?

The way the images are linked is by the directory path.
…/anotherfolder/anotherfolder/images/
I’m sure the directory path is accurate because all other paths are working.

When I move the folder under 123.com/images, the site displays them. But the thing is, I need to have the images folder where it is, so I can use the same folder for other websites as well.

Regards,
Aaron

There should be another more straightforward way to do this, but have you considered creating a symbolic link to the images folder from 123.com/images?

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

Umm I guess not but then again I’m not sure what you mean by a symbolic link?

Have you ever SSH’ed in to your server?

A symbolic link in unix is like a shortcut in windows (not exactly, but that’s neither here nor there). The idea is that you create a link in your 123.com directory to the images directory in xyz.com/anotherfolder/anotherfolder/images/.

The command you want to issue is:

Nope I never had to SSH before so I have no idea how to do it either but I’ll have a look at dreamhost wiki to see how it goes.

Thanks for the idea, I’ll give it a go and reply back if it works.

Good luck. As I said, I don’t think it’s the best solution, but if it works, who’s to argue? In these situations, I like getting things to work first, and then spend some extra time getting them to work the right way. (To that end I’ll have a few questions later after you’ve gotten it to work)

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts