Image Library

Cant seem to find out which Image library my Dreamhost account has. I know there is one, I’m using it.
If someone can help-- I need to check some setting on it and change a profile if possible. Looked in the Wiki and dreamhost.com and cant find a mention of it.

Thanks.

It has imagemagick (in /usr/bin), gd and netpbm at least.

Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts’.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! :@

You act on my advice at your own risk!

hi norm. i have no idea what you are talking about :frowning:

Sorry for my silly question. Do I see imagemagic in DH panel?

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

wow, this is great.

Thanks wholly. I learn something new everyday here :stuck_out_tongue:

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

That wasn’t me, Nate. But I do appreciate the Kudos!

Wholly

ooops!

I think I have problem recognizing people’s name.

my god. this is second time already. last time it was rlparker

If you meant ‘image library’ as in a program to show and store a collection of images then of course there is Gallery2 which is a one-click install from the Goodies section of the DreamHost ControlPanel.

I assumed you were after the location of the *nix command line library module for images which everyone seems to ask for. That is called ‘ImageMagick’ and is a complex command line program that you would use by logging in via SSH. The module is more normally used by various graphical ‘front-ends’ like Gallery2 to make life easier. ImagaMagick is located at /usr/bin.

GD is an image library module used by Gallery2 and various PHP. It is installed and available under PHP4 and PHP5.

Likewise NetPBM is an image library module which is installed by default and is a Perl library module. Again it is used by various ‘front-ends’ as a background image/graphics processor.

Usually though it’s just ImageMagick who’s location needs to be entered into various programs since it’s location can vary in operating systems. I suppose really they should all be termed ‘graphics’ modules rather than than ‘image’ library modules since they do so much more.

There you go. :slight_smile:

Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts’.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! :@

You act on my advice at your own risk!