Image hosting script unable to upload images

apps

i am having trouble with this software. it’s an image hosting script. i installed it. but i am unable to upload images.

if somebody could test install it and tell me if they were able to upload images that would be great.

i see this error after pressing the upload button

Problem: File is not a supported image filetype. Please upload a JPEG, PNG, or a GIF. Thanks.
your file has a MIME-TYPE of

some other people also having same problem in this thread

http://forums.krazyletter.com/index.php?showtopic=5966

can it be solved?

[quote]i am having trouble with this software. it’s an image hosting script. i installed it. but i am unable to upload images.

if somebody could test install it and tell me if they were able to upload images that would be great.

i see this error after pressing the upload button

Problem: File is not a supported image filetype. Please upload a JPEG, PNG, or a GIF. Thanks.
your file has a MIME-TYPE of

some other people also having same problem in this thread

http://forums.krazyletter.com/index.php?showtopic=5966

can it be solved? [/quote]
You realize the script in question is Alpha? That means its not ready to be used. Which is an understatement.

Obviously your not a web developer. You would know that when your web browser uploads a file, it tells the web server what type of file it is - and this scripts checks that.

“The non-supported filetype problem results from the file being altered in the process of uploading. That’s really all I can tell you. I’m thinking you’ll have to ask your webhost about this.”

This is bogus. The code in the script specifically checks the data passed by the browser in the MIME headers - not the image data itself. However it is PHP that is pulling the MIME type from the headers, so it could either be a problem with your browser or with PHP.

Having said that, I installed the script myself and it works for me with an JPEG image with Firefox 3 and PHP Version 4.4.8

You neglected to tell us what browser and PHP version you are using or a link to your site to be of much help figuring out why it doesn’t work for you.

Edit: It worked using PHP 4.4.8 as mod_php - I switched to PHP 5 CGI, and it fails. This is a problem with PHP 5 then.

Edit: Duh. The script is not written for PHP 5 in mind apparently. PHP 5 does not support $HTTP_POST_FILES - one needs to use $_FILES instead. Problem solved.

:cool: openvein.org -//- One-time [color=#6600CC]$50.00 discount[/color] on [color=#0000CC]DreamHost[/color] plans: Use ATROPOS7

It’s been in ALPHA for 3 years. I’d forget it mate.

If you want an image upload script with admin functions yell out.