Image doesn't load

On my homepage I have a couple images that are not loading. One is a background image and the other is within a cell. Both images are in subdirectory “images.” The page is in the root directory.

Both of them had loaded up until yesterday. Today they do not load.

I checked the HTML and everything seems OK to me. I checked the host-side directory and both images exist.

Anyone have an idea as to what’s up?

Thank you,
MB300D

What is your website URL ?

Supernova

GET DREAMHOST [color=#CC0000]SUPERNOVA[/color] PROMO CODE $97 OFF => SIGN UP HERE

Oh yah, I suppose that might help, eh? :slight_smile:

www.mindfully.org

MB30D

I just checked and the images are now loading.

Thanks… if you did something.

MB300D

I take that last post back… the images are NOT loading.

MB300D

Is this what is your website suppose to be look like ?

Supernova

GET DREAMHOST [color=#CC0000]SUPERNOVA[/color] PROMO CODE $97 OFF => SIGN UP HERE

Yes, that is what it’s supposed to look like. I just checked after seeing your message and it works for me now too. Therefore, it is intermittant. When I noticed it the first time, I reloaded the page several times. Then exited IE and reloaded. the images still did not appear.

They DID load after your first repsonse. But lapsed back to a no-show later.

I’ll check the site later and report in if it happens again.

Could it be an overlaoded server?

MB300D

I doubt it’s an overloaded server. But I’d try a couple of things:

1. Try a different browser (Firefox, etc.)
  2. In IE, next time you get No Image, see if you can right-click and open the image in a new window, or download image.
  3. Doesn’t IE have a Force Reload (rather than a regular reload) of page?

-Scott

I don’t think so. It usually happen with your .htaccess restriction. But it works fine for me in all browsers (Opera, IE, Firefox)… so it shouldn’t be a problem. Maybe you should check on your browser’s cache mechanism ?

Supernova

How/What do I check browser’s cache mechanism?

MB300D

It just my guess. But for instance, look at IE’s Tools->Internet Options->General [tab]->Temporary Internet Files[section]->Settings[button].

Supernova

Oh that. Yes, I dump everything at the end of each session… at least everyday. I dump whatever I find.

MB300D

When I use Internet Explorer, I sometimes have a problem where background images do not load on my home page (none of them come up, in fact). Navigating to another page and then going back to the home page appears to solve the problem, although this is obviously an unsatisfactory solution. To date, I have been unable to figure out why this happens because it is hard to track down the cause for intermittent bugs. It occurs to me that you may be suffering from the same problem.

I will have another look into the issue and let you know if I find a solution.

si-blog
Max discount on any plan with promocode SCJESSEYTOTAL

your end html tags are missing

sorry i meant just your html tag

Mine are fine, so I assume you are referring to mindfully.org? I checked that site and only the closing tag is missing ( is there). Given that the site is coded in old-school tag soup, I doubt it would make any difference to whether or not background images are rendered.

si-blog
Max discount on any plan with promocode SCJESSEYTOTAL