I'm Just Leaving...to HostMonster.Com

They claim no censorship here…we’ll see!

Dreamhost vs HostMonster.Com

Who would you want to give your Web Hosting Business to!?

Dreamhost: $79.95 per month

HostMonster.Com: $4.95 per month
(Paid in Advance ~ 24 Months ~ $118.00 ~ One Hundred Eighteen Dollars and Zero Cents...)

Same Period At DreamHost: $1,918.80 ~ One Thousand Nine Hundred Eighteen Dollars and Eighty Cents...)

Dreamhost: No Telephone Support

HostMonster.Com: Excellent Telephone Support With Great People on the End of The Line and a System That Alerts You As To Your Position in Line ~ If you have to wait…

Dreamhost: Abysmal Customer Service

HostMonster.Com: Friendly, Quick, Efficient Customer Service at All Times!

Dreamhost: When all else fails and they can’t fix a problem, the solution is: lie to your Customers!

HostMonster.Com: “Just the facts, Ma’am!”

DreamHost: Their Claim ~ "The Tony Montanas of the Internet!" (Al Pacino's character from the movie "Scarface.") 

At DreamHost, It's About Status...

HostMonster.Com: Makes no claim to being a fictional, three-dimensionally challenged, celluloid, Greedy, Coke-sniffing, Violent, Murdering Columbian Drug Lord with a Lounge Singer's name.

At HostMonster.Com, it's About Service...

Who would you want to give your Web Hosting Business to!?

HostMonster.Com

This Free Advertisement is not endorsed nor sponsored by HostMonster.Com. This Free Advertisement is sponsored by ILIPS Group International and "The Extremist..."

...fighting Corruption and Fraud on the Internet.

"We Have left DreamHost.Con, are a New customer of HostMonster.Com and Very Impressed!"

~ Mark S. "Bear" Daniels
Publisher
ILIPS Group International

This Free Advertisement is also an Editorial, along with a criticism by a current customer, paid in full to the end of January, and can be seen at www.aviationandmarineusa.com and shortly, at all 70 of our websites.

See also:  DreamHost-Sucks.Com at:

www.dreamhost-sucks.com 

"God help those of you who just signed up!"  ~ M. Daniels

Does anyone else think the stupid post above should be deleted, or is it just me?

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

Considering the initial information on price is completely wrong… and looks a lot like spam.

But if it gets deleted, then we are feeding them. I vote to ignore it from now on.

Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code SCJESSEY97

Tells me all I need to know…your bought. I’m not.

Considering the initial information on price is completely wrong… and looks a lot like spam.

But if it gets deleted, then we are feeding them. I vote to ignore it from now on.

Edited by Koldark on 01/12/07 08:16 AM (server time).

The pricing is correct…I had a business plan with these clowns. The pricing is correct at HostMonster.com…go check it out. DreamHost is on its way out.

Give HostMonster a call ~ they have telephone support and you get real people. You can’t do that with DreamHost unless they “Like You!” Right Jeff C!?

To think that guys like Jeff C believe their customers will pay them to be liked…this is business, and soon, litigation.

Now, I take it you and DH Poo-Bah work for DreamHost? Or do you just pimp for them? Either way, looks like I’m cutting into “DH Poo-bah’s” business…and that’s a good thing!

What a shame they use cPanel instead of something decent though, eh?

Well, I tried. Multiple requests were made for their Attorney contact information, all of which have been refused through silence. Complaints have been filed with the Better Business Bureau, which appears to be balking. If they do, it goes to the State Attorney General and the FBI.

Their contact information is fraudulent. They have a Joseph Jones as their contact. They give a phone number for contact which turns out to be a message machine indicating calls will not be returned. All this posted at the BBB, which is being used for such fraud.

The founder doesn’t use his real name…uses his wife’s name instead. Service of documents must be accurate so we now have to serve him in his real name and his alias. From there, they provide a Postal Mail Box instead of their physical Corporate addresses, and it would appear there are three different addresses, two in the L.A. area, one of which is in our possession beyond the PMB, and at least one in the SF area.

Their actions have been arbitrary without regard to the Civil Rights of others. They have hate sites dedicated to them.

All this is known, complained about by others, up online on the internet, i.e., www.dreamhost-sucks.com , and I’m sure you know about this ~ because all it takes is a Google Search under “DreamHost Complaints” ~ and DreamHost Sucks.Com comes up, as does the Better Business Bureau and a number of blogs (still counting) registering complaints about DreamHost that DreamHost refuses to address other than, their decisions are strictly in their own interest.

And as for the use of the Control Panel, where is it in the First Amendment that we are not allowed to voice dissent on a Control Panel?

You see, this is the type of immature response I would expect from a DreamHost Corporate type, a suck up, a lackey, someone with a conflict of interest like the guy making $97.00 per DreamHost account he sells, and basically, the ignorant and pre-pubescent.

However, since the subject you brought up is decency…

…why are they hiding from the Law and expecting everyone else to abide by the rules?

Your allusion that this is indecent, is in actuality, hypocrisy.

How decent is that?

Here is the title for this particular forum, allowing for “dislikes” behind a facade that DreamHost does not censor, and all of you seen to want the post censored and taken down…deleted, in the words of the $97.00 per account wonder:

" A forum for potential DreamHost customers to ask current customers about their likes, dislikes, and general impressions with the service. "

I am a current customer, paid in full. Those who come here to do business are getting my “dislikes.” This is what DreamHost claims it offers: uncensored dislikes.

Oh well…they asked for it, didn’t they!?

Arh, but they do censor spam, and I believe your post qualifies as spam. In-fact, you yourself called the post an ‘advertisment’.

Yes, I do refer people to DreamHost and yes I do profit when such people use my promo-code, but not nearly as much as I would make were I referring people to Hostmonster.

For the record, I think Hostmonster is a fine host, as is DreamHost.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

You were intentionally being deceptive. Here’s an example of correct pricing:

1 Year @ Bluehost calling themselves Hostmonster: 12 x $6.95 = $83.40

1 Year @ Dreamhost w/$97 promo code: $22.40

Or get 2 years for $93.80–only $10.40 more than Hostmonster tries to overcharges for one year… and STILL cheaper than 24 months @ $4.95.

Ouch… Bluehost/Hostmonster/whatever must really hate math!

Here’s the part where you argue against simple math and will probably need to mention promo codes in the process.

Speaking of promo codes, where are Hostmonster’s? Don’t they have enough faith in their service to practically give away the first year, knowing that most customers will be happy and stay for years, making them one of the largest hosts in the world? Oh, wait… that’s Dreamhost. Nevermind.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

It is one thing to list your dislikes, it is another thing entirely to pimp a direct competitor here.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

[quote]DreamHost: Their Claim ~ “The Tony Montanas of the Internet!” (Al Pacino’s character from the movie “Scarface.”)

At DreamHost, It’s About Status…

HostMonster.Com: Makes no claim to being a fictional, three-dimensionally challenged, celluloid, Greedy, Coke-sniffing, Violent, Murdering Columbian Drug Lord with a Lounge Singer’s name.

At HostMonster.Com, it’s About Service…[/quote]
And yet you claim to be a bear here:

So, are you really a bear, or are you just a deceptive liar?

Don’t try to backtrack and claim that there’s some sort of middle ground that covers jokes, nicknames, etc… or it might hurt your claims against Dreamhost.

If Bluehost can call themselves Hostmonster, then it’s only fair that Dreamhost can call themselves Tony Montana.

How silly of Bluehost… claiming to be some sort of “monster.”

At Dreamhost, it’s all about service… not trying to scare little kids by claiming to be a monster. (See how stupid it sounds when other people do it?)

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

Yes, indeed this is an “Advertisement” over at www.aviationandmarineusa.net, as it will be on all my websites. I’ve merely copied it here verbatim. I also noted here that it is dissent and complaint versus DreamHost, and since HostMonster.Com isn’t paying nor involved in this independent statement/advertisement, and it’s coming from a DreamHost customer as a clear criticism, the spam argument won’t fly, but let them go ahead and censor if they choose. They have reason to be afraid that the word is going to get out about them once and for all. And even if they censor here, well by God, 70 of my websites are going to run this statement/criticism/ad etc., and they’re going to get a black eye anyhow and lose business.

They need to change their ways, these “Tony Montanas” of the internet. They would have had a better role model if they had chosen “Monty Montana,” but to claim they are emulating “Scarface?” Who’d want to do business with someone like that? How smart is that to make such a statement?

They couldn’t emulate Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., James Dean, Ghandi, Marilyn Monroe? Hell, Pee Wee Herman would have been a better choice of role model than “Tony Montana.”

They’re all hype here, not business.

So, you latrine lawyers ~ please ~ encourage them to makes liars out of themselves some more! I love the threats they send me! The Admissions of Guilt! The Evidence!

And here you are wanting them to delete this threat and censor, when they themselves allow for “dislikes” in these postings. So that other customers can made a decision as to whether or not to use DreamHost or avoid them like the plague, and use another, less expensive, better service.

That’s THEIR Challenge…but it’s hype. When someone does complain around here, there a net kook or they’re correct, and DreamHost shuts them down.

And Truth is what the people really do need to know…

They’re shutting me down at the end of this month. They’ve already announced that because, according to Jeff C., “Increasingly…we don’t like you!”

So what!? I don’t pay people to like me! I do not need their friendship! This is business…and if I knew at the start that I had to like me to do business with me, I would have thumbed my nose at them in the first place!

How stupid can you get!

Their Billing Sucks.

Their Customer Service Sucks.

They can’t straighten out an e-mail system to get it working with 90% reliability, let alone, 100%.

They have hate sites on the internet against them.

They hide from Customer contact.

They hide from the Law.

Most recently, some e-mails won’t work because they’re blacklisted for spamming.

They don’t use their real names.

Their Abuse Department hides their photos…with good reason.

They lie to their customers.

They bait and switch.

They fraudulently charged my bank accounts for money they were clearly not entitled to.

They threaten.

They retaliate.

They think they have the right NOT to business with someone even when they lack good cause, though Severability says otherwise, in both State and Federal Law.

This is a legitimate statement of dissent and complaint.

And once again, since we have some DreamHost people here reading this, I demand contact information for your Attorneys, DreamHost! Mr. Kashuba!

Let’s see them provide THAT here on a Control Panel…their correct corporate contact information for all sites, the correct names of their Corporate Officers, the contact information for their Attorneys, photos to go with each and every name on their Corporate totum pole, and Law abiding conduct.

People who hide from their legal obligations with something as simple as a deliberate failure to provide basic, Corporate Information, that you’d find in an Annual Report, are not Law abiding people and in fact, have misconduct they wish to hide.

Oh really? Currently, DreamHost are the 18th-ranked webhost in the world with almost ten times as many domains as hostmonster.com.

Incidentally, I’ve never needed telephone support. Any issues have been minor enough to sort out with a support ticket (which is more than satisfactory). Only morons who don’t know how to properly administer their domains require telephone support.

I don’t work for DreamHost. I’m just one of countless happy customers. I’ve never made much from referrals (especially since the introduction of promo codes), but the sign-up I got earlier is almost certainly thanks to you! All your facts are wrong. All your research is wrong. All your words are nonsense. You are making yourself look ridiculous, but thanks for the entertainment!

Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

“So, are you really a bear, or are you just a deceptive liar?”

You left out the remainder of my name, because when “Bear” is placed in quotation marks, it denotes a nick name given to me by others. That makes you a deceptive liar trying to base an argument on twisted and/or omitted words. Nice try though…

“Don’t try to backtrack and claim that there’s some sort of middle ground that covers jokes, nicknames, etc… or it might hurt your claims against Dreamhost.”

I doubt it. Unless you have “Senator” or “Congressman” in front of your name, you don’t make the Law. Unless you have the word “Judge” in front of your name, you don’t uphold it. In fact, your little game of setting arbitrary conditions shows just what type of people new customers are dealing with, in the way of DreamHost Corporate types, “Employees,” Agents and Vectors, and I thank you for it because you will be driving the business away and helping me! So THANKS!

“If Bluehost can call themselves Hostmonster, then it’s only fair that Dreamhost can call themselves Tony Montana.”

Actually, I hope they continue to because it’s like The Emperor’s New Clothes…they wish to emulate fictional Drug Lords in Leisure Suits! If that doesn’t scare away potential customers, then nothing will! In fact, those customers and DreamHost deserve each other and at $79.95 per month on the Strictly Business Plan! Which is a fraud, because in business, you don’t have to nor should you pay people to like you…

"How silly of Bluehost… claiming to be some sort of “monster.”

I’m not familiar with Bluehost…a name change, perhaps?

At Dreamhost, it’s all about service… not trying to scare little kids by claiming to be a monster. (See how stupid it sounds when other people do it?)

I guess when the mentality mistakes “Monster” for something scary, like a child would do as opposed to an Adult, that might be true. But names and themes are changing and to be a monster these days in the business world is to be “Big and Aggressive.” To be Tony Montana, a Drug Lord of the Internet, is career suicide. “Birds of a Feather” flock together ~ Aesop.

And as young as you must be to make these arguments, don’t you watch Sesame Street? Monsters there, are cool! LOL!!!

I don’t think making a post like that will affect anyone of us who are happy with Dreamhost :slight_smile:

“Oh really? Currently, DreamHost are the 18th-ranked webhost in the world with almost ten times as many domains as hostmonster.com.”

Machst nichts. This was a recent ranking, correct, and by whom?

More importantly, once word gets out that you can save $74.00 and some change by going to HostMonster.Com, how long will DreamHost keep their ranking without competing with the lower price? And considering that they lie and others lie for them, such as yourself at $97.00 per account as their Agent and Vector ~ how meaningful is their faux ranking going to be to others looking for new hosting services, or to get away with an obsolete, antiquated, older one?

Incidentally, I’ve never needed telephone support.

What planet are you currently on? There’s none to be had, unless you can pay them enough to like you, the latter according to Jeff C. They say it’s available…where?

Any issues have been minor enough to sort out with a support ticket (which is more than satisfactory). Only morons who don’t know how to properly administer their domains require telephone support.

You’re missing the point and arguing rather foolishly. If you’re going to pay $79.95, how smart do you look without the benefit of telephone support, when HostMonster.Com offers fine telephone support and only charges you $4.95 per month!?

For crying out loud, pull your head out of their rectum!

The lack of person to person, business2business contact, is evidence of a motive, usually misconduct, which is why the Business providing “service and support” is avoiding personal contact, to include contacts between lawyers and service of documents, when they know in advance that what they’re doing is not just questionable as a business practice, but downight illegal. They wish to control all the cards in that regard, but unfortunately for these crooks, others have legal and Civil Rights that these people may try, but in the end, cannot trample!

So, what is your point? It’s “status” to you to be able to deal with your own web problems, even there’s, and pay them in excess of $74.00 over that which you’d be charged by someone willing to help you despite your apparent Computer Omnipotence, beyond literacy.

Your argument doesn’t impress…only tells me that “a fool and his money will soon be parted,” and I think Aesop is credited with that one, too.

In reply to:

Now, I take it you and DH Poo-Bah work for DreamHost?

I don’t work for DreamHost. I’m just one of countless happy customers. I’ve never made much from referrals (especially since the introduction of promo codes), but the sign-up I got earlier is almost certainly thanks to you! All your facts are wrong. All your research is wrong. All your words are nonsense. You are making yourself look ridiculous, but thanks for the entertainment!

<I don’t think making a post like that will affect anyone of us who are happy with Dreamhost :slight_smile: >

I think you’re partially correct, but not completely correct. I think there are a large number out there who will switch when they find they’re being overcharged for service, and then by going to the lower costing service which provides MORE, they can get telephone support.

As for the rest of you, that’s a personal choice. Just the same, a person is allowed to post their “dislikes” here, is that not correct? But this is also a business issue…not all of you are here doing business. Some of you are here as Bloggers and students of Life.

My plan is a “Strictly Business Plan,” and DreamHost has not lived up to the advertising of the same. So, here I post my dislikes and you’re all free to post what you like about DH.

You are seriously in error. I just paid for two years in advance at the $4.95 price and was billed not one penny more, and I now have telephone support if and when I need it, and damned good people on the other end of the line, not liars.

So, produce your evidence that I was “intentionally being deceptive.”

Here’s an example of correct pricing:

"1 Year @ Bluehost calling themselves Hostmonster: 12 x $6.95 = $83.40

1 Year @ Dreamhost w/$97 promo code: $22.40

Or get 2 years for $93.80–only $10.40 more than Hostmonster tries to overcharges for one year… and STILL cheaper than 24 months @ $4.95."

You left out the Strictly Business Plan, the telephone support and the fact that each person is free to choose a plan…the two year was convenient to me and just an example as to how a better deal than DreamHost offers is available, and whether or not your figures above are correct, they’re all better than DreamHost. Especially since you get excellent people with fantastic service and experience, something DreamHost does not provide. So thanks for proving my argument! I’ll make some more so that you can prove those, too.

“Ouch… Bluehost/Hostmonster/whatever must really hate math!”

Not as much as DreamHost loves Fraud…

“Here’s the part where you argue against simple math and will probably need to mention promo codes in the process.”

I’m not interested in either…I’m interested in honest people who are not out to play math games, then deny me good service and telephone support in the price games they play. In otherwords, I like dealing with straightforward business people who aren’t playing con men’s games of bait and switch in their pricing, nor hiding other services for additional prices in their fine print, if they dare to mention their tactics at all.

“Speaking of promo codes, where are Hostmonster’s? Don’t they have enough faith in their service to practically give away the first year, knowing that most customers will be happy and stay for years, making them one of the largest hosts in the world? Oh, wait… that’s Dreamhost. Nevermind.”

Well, I guess it’s sort of like coupons, double coupons, triple coupons at the store. Stores jack up their prices and give you the opportunity to use coupons and save money. That’s pretty much what DreamHost does with its promo codes, as opposed to just bringing their prices down to the lowest level without playing the coupon/promo game.

You should do a search of Google and how DreamHost is mentioned as this “Low Priced” game playing competitor, hiding the prices of additional services behind their facade of promo codes, but if you go for those additional services, you wind up paying the same or more as just about anyone else.

It’s all a fraud…and the number of disgruntled people and hate sites directed against DreamHost on the outside of this Control Panel, says it all.

And I’ll be saving $74.00 and some change per month, and still receiving superior service to DreamHost.

Feel free to pay higher prices to be “liked!”

<It is one thing to list your dislikes, it is another thing entirely to pimp a direct competitor here.

Mark>

I’m glad you’re staying, regarding the change of the subject line, as if it were necessary nor good foundation for one upsmanship.

Then, I thank you for acknowledging that HostMonster.Com is indeed, a direct competitior to DreamHost.

Further, I thank you for your hypocrisy in talking about my pimping HostMonster, when all I’m doing is using them for contrast here…I’m pimping them against DreamHost at my websites though…while at the same time, you’re pimping DreamHost in your signature line, Mr. $97.00!

Your point being?

“Oh! Let’s all be lemmings and pay DreamHost $74.00+ per month more so that individually, we don’t all look like fools!”

Hey! MORE POWER TO YOU! Emphasis, not screaming. Pay them all you want. I’m here listing my dislikes and I dislike paying $74.00 more for service I’m not getting that’s any good, when I can pay $4.95 a month for incredible service, live people on the line, and telephone service backing up the line.

Feel free to support those “living it up since 19917!” on your money, on your dime, on your time, with your websites.

I choose not to. I dislike DreamHost and every dirty thing it’s done to others and myself. I advice potential customers to avoid this place and you current customers are free to decide on your own, what you want to do in regards to staying or leaving.

And frankly, you single out HostMonster, and in a sense, so do I, but there are still other webhosting services out there and new ones on the way. DreamHost can’t stay inflexible long, but I do hope they stay inflexible long enough, that they run themselves out of business.

I think that their loyal crowd is small and at present, are all present on this thread, except of course, for myself, who bids them AMF!