I'm completely lost-WP setup

apps

Okay… I’m new to the whole hosting world, and I am trying to do a 1-click install with Wordpress. I want it to install to my domain (purchased through Godaddy, moved to DH shortly after), but when I try to install it, I get an error message that there is already something on that domain. It will install to a sub-domain just fine, but then how do I get it to show up when someone goes to the main site?

I would greatly appreciate any help. Once I get past this little hurdle, I’m golden. :slight_smile: Thanks!

If you install it via Advanced mode, the domain folder needs to be in your FTP directory, and it has to be empty. If you install it via Easy mode, you can’t have the domain already set up as Fully Hosted.

I recommend going with Advanced Mode and just make sure the folder exists and is empty. You should have already set up your domain as Fully Hosted in the panel under Domains -> Manage Domains : Add New Domain.

-Scott

Scott, you have been SO helpful. I just got it working with your help. I appreciate your assistance!