If i wanted to transfer

Well. If i got a hosting. At the end of the year i wanted to transfer site to another site completely. Would you do that for me ?

welcome!

i won’t do it but dreamhost certainly will! Check the forums because there are a lot of topics about this!

slauson.dreamhost.com rocks! (so does my site :))
link me

Hello!

You mean if DreamHost will transfer your sites from your existing host, to here? I think they don’t… you’ll have to create your accounts here, and transfer the files.
But contact support if you want a definitive reply.

DreamHost $97 discount code: 97promo «« Check other codes on DreamHost97.com
:slight_smile: All money from 90promo was given to Santa’s Helpers Charity :slight_smile:

no i mean that if i had an acccount in dreamhost and wanted to transfer the files onto another one and leave it.

If I understand you correctly, you wish to purchase hosting with DreamHost, but want to make sure you can transfer your files and/or domain registrations elsewhere after the first year.

Of-course you can do this and DreamHost will do nothing to prevent you from doing so.

Although, after experiencing a year with DreamHost, you may not wish to move :slight_smile:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Of course you can move. The data is yours :slight_smile:
When you said if we would do that for you, I thought you meant the incoming transfer. You are always responsable for the transfer, in or out. You have a ftp account where you can upload or download, without having to ask permission. Imagine it as an hard drive somewhere :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: All money from 90promo was given to Santa’s Helpers Charity :slight_smile:

Some hosting companies give you the impression that THEY own everything where DH gives you your little “slice” of a well configured machine. It’s all there to do what you wish with it. As long as you are a good citizen then there are no troubles.

The problem here is that your question gave us the impression that you were asking for Dreamhost to actually move the data (in or out) for you. This is not traditionally a service they provide (as I understand it).

If you want to stay, great. If another company will serve you better, go! Just remember that if you liked what you got here, let people looking for hosting about Dreamhost.

Wholly

Lol. You are all counting me as a newbie. What i actually mean is. I got a dreamhost account called site1 and stayed for it in a year. Then i got another dreamhost site and it was called site2. Would dreamhost transfer all the files from site1 to site2 for me ?

Nope. As answered before, you move your files around on the server yourself. They can handle “moving” the domains between accounts if you need to do that, but the management of your sites is your own responsibility. An account can contain as many domains as you want, but if you have to move an existing Dreamhost domain to another Dreamhost account, support will have to do the accounting change, and you will have to handle the file xfer. :slight_smile:

–rlparker

Why would you have the two sites under different accounts? why not under the one account? then you can just move the files yourself using shell or ftp.

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)

But I think Dreamhost doesn’t allow the same person to have 2 accounts at the same time, so make sure you they aren’t both yours…