If I cancel, what happesn to my domain name?

I’m going to have to cancel Dreamhost after finding out it cant host my site. I registered the domain name through them too (this was a week ago). I want to purchase hosting at another site but if I cant transfer the domain in under 60 days then what do i do? Will it still work?

I am so confused and really need help but its the weekend and DH is taking their weekend siestas

The 60 day limit applies to the change of registrar. You could still host your site elsewhere and just change the nameservers accordingly.
After 60 days you can transfer your domain to another registrar if you wish.

There are two separate points involved with a domain. The ‘hosting’ and the ‘registration’. They can be two different companies.

Norm

If I do cancel, then DH refunds my hosting money and charges me $10 for the domain name, right? (Since its a freebie with the hosting to begin with)

Yes you will be charged for the domain and you will have 12 months (less usage) of registration.

Norm

Domain registrations can’t be refunded, but you will still be able to use them after the cancellation. Only the Shared Hosting Payment will be refunded.

Contact them to clarify everything.

Register with the Promo Code [color=#CC0000]HOT75[/color] and get a great [color=#00CC00]$75 OFF[/color] to any DreamHost Hosting service in monthly and yearly plans!

Seems its can’t get your money which are used in registered domain.

Use itsyourdomain can make $90 off per year,and 45 off per month!

Can I ask why Dreamhost can not host your site?

Other than Windows only things (asp .net etc) I can’t think of too many things that Dreamhost does not support.

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)

Its written in asp.net

:slight_smile:

Too bad.

Thanks for taking the time to answer. :slight_smile:

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)